iv - discussing the dream with remus and harry

When I woke up, I was on my bed at the Burrow, Oliver leaning over onto me from his spot on the carpet. His shoulder had been bandaged tightly and I could see blood peaking through the white gauze. I sat up slowly, grunting as I did so. Oliver groaned in his sleep, his eyebrows furrowing as he nestled himself back into the cushion. 

I noticed Harry perched up on the arm chair, sitting with a cup of pumpkin juice in his hands as he stared at me blankly. 

"You scared me," he said. I raised my eyebrows. 

"I scared you?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I literally had a bloody anxiety attack," he answered.

I let out a dry laugh. "Now you know I how feel all the bloody time."

"Yeah, well this time I not only panicked, but had a rather painful scar-ache and passed out, then woke back up to see some dude cast the Dark Mark into the sky before Ron and Hermione came back to get me," he said. 

"And that's different from every other year, how?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Okay, well it was at the Quidditch World Cup and that was supposed to be fun," he defended lamely.

"Okay, I'm sorry," I sighed, just plain exhausted. "What time is it?"

"Four," he answered.

"But, it's light out?" I said, looking at the windows. 

"Well, it is the afternoon," he replied, looking at me with the classic Sassy Harry expression. I rolled my eyes. 

"Great, thanks," I said with a scoff. "You're so annoying sometimes."

"And you think you aren't?" He threw back.

"I know I am. I think you've rubbed off on me," I replied. 

"No, dear, you were like that long before you met Harry," Dad said, walking into the room. He smiled warmly at us. "How are you feeling?"

"A bit tired, but other than that, fine," I answered. 

"Good, good," he replied. He glanced down at Oliver, who had slunk down onto the floor completely at this point. "Oliver - he saved your life and got splinched while doing so. We'll be forever grateful for what he did to save you."

"He got splinched?" I asked worriedly.

"Yes. I had to patch him up while your mom was working on you because he refused any help before you were attended to. He's a good man," he replied.

I smiled at my passed out boyfriend, nodding slowly. "He is a good man, isn't he?"

It was the first time I'd really thought of him as a man, per se, because he'd only turned seventeen a few months prior. But, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. He was strong and protective and kind and dedicated - everything a man should be. And he was my man.

I had to resist the urge to grimace at the cheesy words, even though they were true. 

"Remus is here."

"What?" I asked. "Why?"

"He wants to talk to you and see what happened. He's real worried," Dad answered. I smiled softly. 

"Alright. He can come in if he'd like," I said. Dad nodded and left for a moment, only to be replaced by my godfather. 

"Hey," I said as he came to sit at the edge of my bed, being careful not to step on Oliver. 

"Hi," he replied with a gentle smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright," I answered. "Though, the Cruciatus Curse is not one I would wish on anybody."