iii - why does everything always end in tears?

"Hey, where's Wood?" Harry asked. Fred and George shrugged in unison, glancing at each other.

"Still in the showers," George replied.

"We reckon he's trying to drown himself," Fred added. My eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Are you being serious?" I asked. 

"Eh. It's just that he's been in there for quite a while," George answered.

"I'm gonna go check on him," I decided. "We wouldn't want a drowned captain, now would we?"

"Definitely not," Harry agreed. 

I patted his hand and headed out of the Hospital Wing, making my way to the locker room hastily. I knew how he could be - quidditch was his whole life and so every time he didn't win he had a mental breakdown. It was honestly quiet scary and I scolded myself silently for not checking on him earlier. It completely slipped my mind as I was so worried about Harry. 

And as I entered the boys' locker room, it seemed as though the twins were correct.

I nearly burst out laughing, seeing Oliver on his knees, leaning back into the stream of water dramatically with his eyes closed and his hands dragging over his face. I silently accio'd my camera and took a picture, the flash not having any effect over his state. He just continued to bask in the rain of the showerhead. 

"Oli... what're ya doing?" I asked, walking over to him. He peeked through his hands at me before shutting them again. 

"We lost."

"I know, but that doesn't explain what you're doing, love."

"I'm trying to amend the loss."

"By doing what? Dramatically laying in the shower."

"I was hoping the water would take me."

I couldn't hold back the laughter that time and openly laughed at his behavior. He glared at me, his hands dropping to his sides. 

"Come on, get out of there. You've been in here long enough."

"I'm fine," he told me sternly. He continued to glare at me harshly and I raised my eyebrows. 

"Hey, I'm trying to help. Come on, we can go get some hot chocolate, it's bloody freezing in here," I replied.

"I'm fine," he emphasized once more, turning to lie on his back. 

"Oliver," I ground. I knelt down and pulled him back over, but nearly pulled away at the temperature of the water and of his clothes. "You're bloody freezing!" I exclaimed in fright. I pulled him out of the shower and let him flop dramatically on the floor. "Focillo." I felt as his body began to warm immediately.

Oliver sat in a crisscross position, falling onto his back with a sigh.

"Oliver, you're being ridiculous. I of all people understand how disappointing it is to lose a game, but it was a game that was only lost because Harry nearly died. You have to acknowledge that," I told him. He didn't reply. 

I sighed and laid next to him, not quite touching him, but pretty close. 

"Hey," I said. "It'll be alright. We'll still win the cup, I promise."

"You also promised that we'd win today," he muttered into my shoulder, his arms moving to wrap around my torso. 

"Well, sometimes things don't go according to plan. But, I've made sure that we won't have any more dementor attacks, so Harry won't be at a disadvantage. We'll win," I promised.