ii - some girls suck

We rushed to King's Cross Station, very nearly late. The only words exchanged as Percy and I flew through the brick wall were quick farewells to our parents. We raced to the drop off station for our things, the twins coming out behind us at nearly light speed. After a quick glance over my shoulder, I spotted Mum and Dad guiding Ginny towards the train. I let myself board the train with a sigh of relief as I knew that Ron and Harry must've been here already - Mum and Dad always went last. 

I walked down the aisle with Percy, glancing into each of the windows with panicked eyes. I smiled and waved at the people I knew and nodded at those I'd only seen in passing. 

"There's a prefect's meeting about half way through the train ride," Percy informed me. "You could just stay with us until then." 

He shot me a look over his shoulder that proved to me he knew exactly what was going on inside my head. With his eyebrows slightly knitted together and his light hazel eyes fitted with the same compassion I'd seen in them since I was five and skinned my knee on the concrete, I knew this completely. And he didn't even know that they hadn't written back to me over the summer.

I nodded. "Sounds good."

We travelled down the aisle a bit more before reaching Elijah, Benji, and Oliver's compartment. Percy took his spot next to Oliver and I pushed my bag up into the top shelf, saying some pleasantries as I did so. The boys began conversing about their summers and I went to sit next to Oliver, nestling my head into his shoulder. He wrapped his arm comfortably around my waist, but suddenly my heart compressed and I could feel my pulse speed up throughout my entire body. My hands shook slightly and my breathing quickened until I was nearly hyperventilating. I sat up quickly, Oliver's arm falling down to his side.

Where was Harry?

My hand rested on the wall of the compartment and I tried to blink away the sudden panic that took over my body. 

"Are you okay, Mars?" Elijah asked, staring at me with concern. All of the boys were looking at me that way, Oliver's hand resting on my arm as he knitted his brows. 

"Have any of you seen Harry by chance?" I asked. "I just feel like something's wrong."

They all shook their heads. "I'm sure he's fine, love," Oliver insisted. 

"No, no," I said with a shake of my head. "I'm gonna go find him. Just to make sure."

"I can come with you," he offered.

"That's alright, Oli. I'll be fine," I replied. "I think I might just need a breath of fresh air."

He nodded hesitantly and all the boys watched me as I left the compartment.

I walked briskly down the aisles, looking into each compartment with distressed, anxious eyes. I got halfway down the train, my heartbeat refusing to calm down. I nearly missed Hazel waving her hand aggressively in the window. 

She slid the door open. "Where've you been, Mari?"

My heart stood static for a moment when the nickname entered my ears, but I moved past it. "Have you seen Harry?"

"Potter?" Nat asked. "Nope."

I sighed. "What about Ronald?"

"No. Are they okay?" Nat said, furrowing her brows. 

"I don't know, that's why I've got to find them," I answered, my hands fidgeting on my robes. Hazel's eyes dropped to the pin I had hooked next to my Gryffindor crest. 

"You're a prefect?" She asked with a smile. I nodded. 

"Yes, I've got a meeting in about a half an hour," I replied.