14

"Night Mer." She heard Cookie call out to her as she pulled her jeans on... she looked up to see her walking out the door of the dressing room for the night...

"Night Cookie, kiss the baby for me." She called out...

"I will!" she giggled...

Meredith smiled to herself as she looked around the empty room finishing up getting dressed to go home for the night... her mood was euphoric... after an afternoon that she had, in the dressing room before the show started... nothing could ruin her mood...

"What do you have to smile about?" she heard in the doorway and turned around to see Mimi walking in...

"Excuse me?" she asked while she packed up her things..

"Just wondering why you seem so damn happy... when its so obvious you have nothing." She replied...

"What makes you think I have nothing?" she asked honestly...

"Because." She said as she started to undress... "Girls like us, we don't have anything... and if we do, it doesn't last very long... all we'll ever be is a piece of ass." Meredith rolled her eyes and pulled her bag over her shoulder...

"Nite." She grumbled as she walked out of the room....

She tried to shake off Mimi's snarky comment but a part of her couldn't help but wonder if Derek just saw her as a piece of ass to chew at work... she wondered if she could ever be more, to him, to any guy... or if she was just something pretty to look at when naked...

She stepped outside feeling the brisk night air greet her and she reached into her bag searching for her late night cigarette as she walked towards the sidewalk...

"Hey." She heard behind her causing her to jump and turn around quickly...

"Shit!" she yelped "You scared the fuck out of me."

"Sorry." He chuckled... "Not my intentions... unless of course." He said suggestively... she tilted her head and sighed...

"Look it was nice, but I should really get home."

"Home." He replied "I think I have a better idea in mind."

"Derek, seriously I'm not fucking you right now." She groaned, "Its way too cold out here."... he stepped closer to her and smirked...

"As nice as that sounds its not what I had in mind."

"It's not?" she frowned...

"No, actually I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie... I'm craving overly buttered popcorn and a cheap film, late at night hardly anyone is there so I thought you may want to come... but if you'd rather go home to the sound of gunshots and screams lullabying you to sleep then, ok."

"No." she gasped shaking her head "Its not that I just... well most guys just want... just want a piece of my ass... so its just shocking is all."

"Well." He said with a soft smile "I'm not most guys, I'm Derek."

"You are indeed." She smiled...

"So a movie?" he asked... she smiled with a slight nod of her head...

"Sure."

He smiled and they started to walk along the sidewalk looking into each other's twinkling eyes... he stared into her sparkling green eyes and reached out and took her tiny soft hand into his large one and intertwined their fingers together... both feeling a spark yet, not realizing how large of a flame it would produce.