27. you only seem to care about yourself

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍]

An hour or so later, Mikael was woken and found his way to the Salvatore brothers. Rebekah was still explaining the story but this time, they were at the main floor of the boarding house.

Elena continued to throw questions at Rebekah as if she were in a life or death situation, "Why did Mikael start hunting Klaus?" The elder Gilbert asked as Rebekah poured a glass of bourbon in for the werewolf.

"Thanks." Allison muttered quietly before taking a small gulp of the alcoholic substance. Rebekah gave a small nod before answering the not so patient doppelgänger's question.

"When Nik made his first human kill, it triggered his werewolf gene. With that he became my father's greatest shame." Rebekah told the story as Allison looked down, feeling sorrowful to the hybrid.

His father never loved him, cared for him. He never had a dad, just a father. Just like Allison until a few man ago when she realised who Simon really was but still then it was different.

Elena spoke up, "Yeah, Elijah told me this part of the story." Allison rolled her eyes at her when she wasn't looking.

How could she be so unfeeling after she just heard that.

Sometimes that girl really only cares for herself and it's really annoying.

Jeremy's sister continued, "Your mother had, had an affair with one of the werewolf villages. Klaus wasn't his son." Allison's eyes widened at that. She never knew that Mikael wasn't Klaus' real father. But that still wasn't a valid excuse for treating him that way.

DNA doesn't make a family, love does.

That was a quote that the Forbes girl lived by. Liz wasn't her birth mother but she still looked after her and Theo and treated them like her own and Caroline wasn't their sister by blood but she still loved them all so much and did all the things that a real sister would with them. DNA didn't matter in their family, it was the love that mattered.

Mikael can go suck it if he treated Klaus like that because he wasn't his blood.

Rebekah's voice caused her to leave her thoughts, "She tried to make it right." She referred to her mother and the affair she had, "She put the hybrid curse on Nik to sue press his werewolf side and then she turned her back on him. But Mikael's greatest weakness as a human was his pride. As a vampire that was magnified. He went on a rampage and killed half the village and then he came home and killed her." She walked around the room, her back faced to the two girls.