62. to the moon and back

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎]

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎]

(A/N: um, yeah, brace yourselves guys!)

Allison watched in disgust as Beatrice drank her strengthening elixir, also wincing at the slow-healing scab on her arm, due to the wolfsbane in her system.

But nothing worried her more than when she heard the voice of someone she wanted to be miles away from, "Get your hands off my daughter." Liz Forbes voiced, raising her gun to Beatrice's head.

Allison looked up with a look of horror on her face, alarmed by her mother's presence but most of all, concerned and apprehensive about what might happen, "Mom, get out of here now! Get out and don't look back!" She desperately pleaded, knowing her mother's fate if she stayed.

"No, I am not leaving you alone, even if it's the last thing I do!" Liz disagreed, before turning to Beatrice, "Are you not ashamed? She is a child. She is my child. How dare you traumatise my little girl when she's done absolutely nothing to harm you. You are a terrible person and no amount of power will change that."

Beatrice stared at her emotionlessly, her jaw clenched.

Allison's face fell, knowing the outcome of this chapter but not wanting it to end, because if it did, her mother would be gone, and she didn't want that. She didn't want that at all.

If she had a say in the matter, she'd stay in these traumatic pages of torture and torment written by Beatrice so long as her mother was alive to tell the story, but she didn't. She couldn't because she wasn't the author of this story, Beatrice was.

She was just a character in a book, having everything taken away from her and she was tired. She was so, so tired of playing the same character. The character that everyone felt sorry for.

She didn't want to be the helpless Allison. She wanted to be the hero. But being a hero wouldn't be an option as long as she was stuck in the stupid pentagram. The pentagram she cursed almost as many times as she did Beatrice.

Allison's heart stopped when she saw the witch lift up her hand and forcefully turn Liz's gun around so that the barrel was to her head instead.

Allison slapped her hand against the barrier continuously, not caring how bruised her hand would get, "Beatrice, please, please, don't. I'll give you everything! I'll give you every last drop of my powers as long as you don't harm her." Her words took away so much of her saved-up energy that she slid to the ground and whispered her last sentence, "Please, Beatrice. I'm begging you."