57. all my fault

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍]

𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

This is all my fault.

I can't believe I trusted him.

I was so naive to think that nothing would happen, that we could all be one big happy family, but I was proven wrong once again.

I let him into our lives just so that he could destroy us all.

I should've known from the beginning that it was too good to be true, but here I am, letting people break my trust once again.

After this, I'll never be the same again. After this,

I'll never be as trusting.

★★★

A few days earlier...

Their winter break had finally arrived and winter had officially started. Her favourite season, the season of snow, the season of cold, the season of Christmas and the season of family.

She was so excited for Christmas, even if it was two weeks away.

Caroline stood above her, hitting her with a pillow to awaken her to tell her the great news: that it was snowing outside.

Allison woke up with a groan as usual, trying to grab her covers from her sister's grip, unfamiliar with the sudden chilling feeling she was getting.

"Look outside." Caroline whispered, her expression more cheerful than usual. Her skin was paler than usual but her cheeks were popping with a cherry red.

Allison rubbed her eyes before nodding and getting out of bed. She walked over to the window in slow, sleepy steps, clad in her black tank top and shorts.

She pushed the grey curtains to the side and peeked through the window, her tired expression lighting up when she saw the drops of snow falling from the grey sky.

"Oh my God, it is!" Allison exclaimed, a feeling of joy overwhelming her and exciting her as her favourite season had officially started.

Yes, summer was a nice season too. The feeling of the sun hitting your skin, tanning at the beach, swimming with your friends, it was all amazing but nothing ever came close to winter.

Winter was when families were at their closest, when Christmas was right around the corner. When the sky plummeted down graceful drops of snow, when innocent kids ran outside and made snowmen, when they came back inside and cosied up to the fireplace, when they held their warm hot chocolate in their hands, the sweet aroma of it hitting their nostrils. And despite its cold, it was somehow warmer than summer itself.