𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

[𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒]

[𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒]

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄,

I'm sorry I had to do this.

This letter is my final goodbye to you.

I know it's not in person but at least this way you can keep it with you, right?

I just wanted to tell you that throughout my forty years of life, nothings made me happier than you guys: my children.

It sounds cheesy, I know but it's the truth because no matter the hardship, I somehow always found you guys by my side, from when your father left us when you were five to when you guys tried saving me from Ted last night.

And I have no doubt you're going to go looking for me when I leave this hospital.

Caroline, you are my first born.

You were the one to first enlighten me with the wonders of being a mother.

When I first held you in my arms the day you were born, I felt my life instantly light up. It was like holding a candle. When I first saw your blonde hair and your beautiful blue eyes, I saw myself. I thought you were going to grow up to be like me, but I was wrong because you grew up to be better than I could've ever imagined.

You are a wonderful daughter, — I'm not gonna say favourite because Allison will fight me from the grave — a selfless elder sister and an incredible and independent girl.

Although you may not know it yet, I know that you'll do just fine without me and that you'll continue to grow, even if I'm not there because I'll be watching you.

For the next six months until school is over and your siblings move away to their Police Academy, I want you to take care of them, but most of all: I want you to take care of yourself. Promise me that.

I know the house will be lonely without me or in six months time without your siblings either but I want you to know that you're not alone.

Please don't lose contact with your siblings and please don't blame yourself for not getting there in time to save me if you didn't.

And after you go to college and get a degree, go explore the world like you've always wanted with whoever you want, maybe Tyler or maybe even Stefan...

Now, before you say 'ew, mom' or 'me and Stefan are just friends' remember that I'm a mother and that I know these things.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑, 𝗄𝗅𝖺𝗎𝗌 𝗆𝗂𝗄𝖺𝖾𝗅𝗌𝗈𝗇 🎉