61. my side of the story

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄]

[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄]

Minutes passed by.

Minutes that felt like hours.

Allison hadn't spoken a word since she last came into contact with Astrid. All she did was stare at the ground longingly, wishing that this was all another dream.

But it wasn't.

There was nothing she could do but to escape her fate. Nothing. This was destined to happen no matter how much she tried to stop it. It had already been planned out millenniums before her existence.

All she could do was wait.

"You've never heard my side of the story, have you?" Beatrice questioned after a long silence, her voice harsh as usual but with a hidden layer of sadness in it, something that Allison had never expected to hear from her.

Allison lifted her gaze from the ground and looked up at the woman who destroyed her life. When she made no response, Beatrice spat, "Words, you vile creature."

"I think cats got her tongue." Lily snorted, glancing over to her mother figure and saviour. Ironic how it was the complete opposite for almost everyone else.

Allison gave Lily a glare. A glare that held every ounce of emotion she felt for the girl when finding out who she really was, when finding out that she was a fake friend the entire time, all so she could stab her in the back to please her mother.

Allison finally answered, her gaze migrating from Lily to Beatrice, "No. I haven't." Her glare didn't relax though, it only intensified.

Beatrice smirked at her answer, "I know you haven't, and that's why I'm going to tell you. You only heard one side and believed it. I'm going to tell you the other."

Allison scoffed, not particularly favouring the idea of a story-time with her worst enemy, "Yeah, I'd rather die, but thanks."

"Now, now, no need to foreshadow your future. Just sit tight and listen." Beatrice retorted in a witty manner as Lily stifled a laugh.

Allison rolled her eyes and allowed her to continue. There wasn't really anything else she could do anyway.

"It was the first century." Beatrice started, the look in her eyes cold as she tried to hide the reminisce she was feeling, back when things were good, "Witches had been around for centuries, created by Mother Nature herself, but it appeared that that wasn't enough for her high needs." Beatrice spat harshly, causing Allison's brows to furrow.