Rory's Going to Chilton

Rory and Frankie Gilmore met up with Lane Kim, Rory's best friend, on their way to Stars Hollow High School one chilly morning. The trio walked through the town square, chatting about the upcoming hayrides that Stars Hollow was putting together, until they parted ways so Frankie could wait for her best friend Kayla.

Kayla and Frankie had been best friends since they were three. There was nothing the two didn't share with each other, but also not much the two had in common outside of school. Kayla was a modern-day Gloria Steinem, an eco-warrior, and an entrepreneur. She had big plans for her future, which Frankie had no doubt would come to fruition. Frankie respected all of that about Kayla, but also appreciated that her best friend didn't try to push her to participate. The door was always open if she wanted to join Kayla's clubs.

Frankie, on the other hand, was a prankster. She wasn't serious about school, like Kayla or Rory. In fact, she hated it. She hated everything about school. But she went because it was important to her mother that she graduate. The true reason she even entered the God forsaken building was to cause as much mayhem as possible in the seven hours she was forced to be there. Once that final bell rang, though, Frankie would sprint, or skateboard, over to Ms. Patty's School of Dance.

When Lorelai had put the twins in dance when they were young, Rory flamed out quickly, but Frankie loved every part of it. She loved working with a group, or by herself. She loved the movements and flow. She loved getting lost in her own world as the music moved through her, guiding her to make magic on the dance floor. Ms. Patty had been Frankie's teacher for as long as she had been dancing, and had offered Frankie a teaching position at the studio when Frankie was thirteen. Over the past three years, Frankie taught the beginner classes, and had helped the young girls and boys who walked into the studio gain confidence in their dancing. She loved teaching, but the real benefit was getting to use the studio after hours to practice once everyone was gone.

"Hey there, stranger." Frankie was broken from her daze by the familiar voice of her best friend.

"Hey there, weirdo. Where you been?" Frankie asked Kayla with a smile, draping her arm over the slightly shorter girl's shoulders.

"I've been making posters all weekend," Kayla said with a sigh as they entered the building.

"For what?"

"For the climate rally this weekend."

"Oh, right." Frankie nodded, scratching her head.

Kayla cocked her head at her best friend as she opened her locker. "You forgot, didn't you?"

"What? Me? Forget about a rally? Pfft, no."

"You totally forgot," Kayla said with a chuckle.

There was a pause as Frankie debated her options. "Okay fine, I forgot. But can you blame me? There were three rallies last weekend."

"Frank, it's cool. The rally this weekend is in New York. I don't expect you to come."

Frankie breathed a sigh of relief, leaning back against the cool metal of the lockers. "Oh, thank God. If it was closer, I would be there. But I have to rehearse all weekend for the showcase."

"Oh, yeah. How's that going?"

"Good. Ms. Patty thinks the piece is going to be good."

"And what do you think?" Kayla asked as she shut her locker door.

"I honestly don't know. I haven't connected to it yet, so I'm not feeling it," Frankie said with a shrug as the pair walked down the hallway to their first class.