Dad's in Town

Rory and Frankie were setting up the couch for Christopher, making it comfortable for him to sleep on.

"He looks good, don't you think?" Rory asked their mother as Lorelai walked into the living room.

"He looks good," she responded, somewhat flatly.

"I like his hair shorter," Frankie stated with a small smile as she placed another blanket down on the couch.

"Shorter's nice."

"Do you think he'll stay long?" Rory quipped.

"Wouldn't bet a lot of money on it."

"Maybe we can get him to stay for a couple weeks," said Frankie as she fluffed some pillows.

"Absolutely – by weighting him down with blankets," Lorelai teased, watching her daughters go a little overboard with the bedding.

"We just want him to be comfortable," Rory stated.

"He's gonna come and go as he pleases, girls, you know that."

"Yeah, we know."

"And no amount of bedding is gonna change that."

"Yeah, but he's never been to Stars Hollow before," Frankie said as she turned to her mother.

"I know."

"Well, that means something's got to be different, right?"

Lorelai let out a sigh. "Why don't you just enjoy the time you've got, okay?"

"Yeah, okay," the twins responded, a little deflated.

"I still think something's different, though," Frankie remarked.

"That is the worst shower I've ever had," Christopher called as he descended the stairs. "Water pressure keeps changing every two seconds. I'm fixing it tomorrow."

"Hey, you stay away from my shower," Lorelai said, somewhat jokingly.

"We ordered Chinese food, it should be here any minute," Rory told Christopher as the three Gilmore's turned to look at him.

"Good, I'm starving," he replied as he rifled through his bags.

"Here." Lorelai handed him a mug of coffee.

"Hey, how is Diane?" Frankie asked, curious.

"Uh, Diane is ancient history," the twins father replied.

"When we met her at Easter, you said she could be the one."

"Mm. The one to be gone by Memorial Day."

"You're worse than mom," Rory teased.

"Low blow," Lorelai retorted.

"Can't keep a feller happy?" Christopher asked with a smirk, turning to Lorelai.

"Oh, I keep them happy. I keep them very happy."

"Okay now, don't get gross," Frankie said as she pulled a face of disgust.

"Yeah, you're upsetting us," Christopher joked.

"I'm gonna study before the food gets here," Rory said as she placed a blanket down on the couch.