Phone Calls and Visitors

Once Frankie got back to New York after her weekend in Stars Hollow, she buckled down and worked to avoid thinking about Jess. She didn't want to think about him. She couldn't think about him, because if she did, she'd fall into an abyss that she wasn't sure she could get out of.

She spent a lot of time with Kayla and Penny, exploring the city and being a typical college student. They went to parties, concerts, and even a few Broadway shows when they could get tickets at the lottery. All in all, Frankie was being relatively successful at keeping thoughts of her ex-boyfriend at bay.

Frankie went to get coffee after class one day, needing the caffeine and the time to herself, when she bumped into someone whilst she was looking at her phone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she exclaimed.

The man turned around, scowling, but as soon as he saw Frankie, his expression brightened. "Francesca."

"Finn?"

"How are you?" he asked, a grin plastered on his face.

"I'm fine. How are you?" She smiled up at the Australian, happy to see him.

"I'm doing well." He cocked his head to the side, gazing at the girl. "You didn't call."

"Oh," Frankie chuckled, looking down. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that."

"I was looking forward to your call," he said, pouting slightly.

"I just got so busy –"

"And it slipped your mind?"

She shrugged. "Would you believe me if I said that?"

"Not in the slightest."

The pair laughed together, stepping into the coffee shop.

"I did want to call," Frankie said as she stood in line. "I just...I don't know why I didn't."

"I'm only teasing you, love. You had no obligation to me," Finn reassured her, smiling down at Frankie.

"Oh, I know. But you're fun to be around. I don't know, I'm just...trying to get over someone."

"The best way to get over someone, is to get under someone new," he whispered in her ear.

Frankie turned her head to face him, their lips only an inch apart. Her breath hitched slightly, but she ignored it, whipping her head back around. "Charming, as usual."

Finn smirked at her reaction, then stood up straight. "Always. Offer stands," he said with a wink.

Frankie chuckled as they stepped up to order their drinks, grabbing them, and exiting the shop, beginning their walk to Central Park.

"So, what are you doing back in New York? Shouldn't you be at Yale?" Frankie asked, taking a sip of the coffee. She scrunched her face up at the taste. Not nearly as good as Luke's.

"I got bored."

"You seem to be perpetually bored," she mused, a slight smirk on her face.

Finn looked at Frankie and grinned. "Only when I'm not stimulated correctly."

She laughed, shaking her head. "I don't even want to know what that means."

"I think you already do, love."

She shoved him playfully as they entered the park. "Dirty mind."