Four Thanksgivings

"Four Thanksgivings?!"

Frankie had just arrived home from teaching a ballet class, and had been informed by Lorelai that the Gilmore girls would be attending four Thanksgiving dinners the following day: the Kim's, Sookie's, Luke's, and Emily and Richard's.

"How the hell are we gonna do that?" she asked, eyes wide in shock.

"We have stomachs of steel. We'll manage. Plus, we'll skip the rolls," Lorelai encouraged, a wide smile on her face.

Frankie was at a loss for words. "I just...how are we...what?" the girl stuttered, still trying to grasp the turn of events.

"We got this, don't worry." Lorelai patted her daughter's back, then turned and left the living room.

The following morning, the twins walked with their mother into town to get flowers for all four hosts, and cranberry sauce for the Kim's. Rory insisted on getting Tums, and Frankie wholeheartedly agreed. There would be far too much food, and their stomachs would be dying by the end of the night.

"I'll do the flowers," she said, pointing to the flower stand that stood in front of them.

"We'll do Doose's," Lorelai replied, gesturing for Rory to follow her.

As Frankie looked over the selection, a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. "Hey there."

"Hey." She smiled and turned around, kissing Jess on the lips.

"You coming to Luke's later?"

Frankie nodded. "We'll see you there."

Jess gave her a goofy grin, then pecked her lips one last time. "Love you," he called out as he walked away.

"Love you, too!"

Frankie paid for the flowers just as Lorelai and Rory exited the market.

"Oh, pretty!" Lorelai cooed, walking up to her youngest.

"Yeah, I thought so," Frankie replied, gazing down at the flowers in her hand.

"Can we go eat now?" asked Rory, an aggravated tone lacing her words.

Frankie rolled her eyes and proceeded to walk over to the Kim's. Mrs. Kim answered the door and ushered them into the house. Lorelai and the gruff woman went back and forth briefly, then Mrs. Kim left to go put the flowers, cranberry sauce, and chocolate turkey in the kitchen.

"Oh, my God, that's Lane's Dave!" Frankie exclaimed, watching as the boy played guitar in the living room.

Dave Rygalski was the guitarist in Lane's band. He was a very sweet boy, but Frankie didn't know him all that well. She only knew what Lane had told her, which wasn't much. All she knew was that Lane was head over heels for him, so he was alright in Frankie's book.

The girls finally left the Kim's after food was eaten and hymns were played by Dave. They made their way to Sookie's after eating tofurkey, handing the flowers to the very stressed looking chef.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" they all cheered as they approached the table that was set up on Sookie's lawn.

"Thank you," Sookie said as she took the flowers from Frankie. "Thank God, civilization has arrived."

"What's wrong?" asked Lorelai as the girls sat down.

"What's wrong? Uh, do you not see what's going on here?" she questioned sarcastically, pointing to a pot set up by the front door.