Golf and a Wedding

It was Friday night. Lorelai and the twins were sitting around the dining room table with Emily and Richard, eating dessert. Frankie was trying her hardest not to yawn. She was tired from her rehearsals and didn't want to be rude.

"So, Lorelai. How are things at that charming little inn of yours?" Emily asked her daughter.

"They're still charming and little. We're just crossing our fingers that it doesn't assert itself and become rude and large," she joked with a smile.

"Mom's having a huge wedding there this week," Rory chimed in, trying to save Lorelai from Emily's cold stare.

"Really?" Emily asked, seemingly surprised.

"Yeah, actually. There's people coming from all over the country." Lorelai shrugged with a small grin.

"Well, isn't that nice?" Emily looked at her daughter, a tight smile etched on her face.

"Yeah."

"Rory, how's Chilton?"

"Okay, done with me now," Lorelai muttered, looking down at the table.

"I'm sorry, was there more to the story?" Emily asked.

Frankie couldn't help but roll her eyes slightly.

"Uh, Rory has to pick a team sport to play." Lorelai brushed off the encounter with her mother, redirecting the attention to her daughter.

"It's a requirement," the oldest twin chimed in, looking over at her grandmother.

"Physical fitness is just as important as intellectual fitness. So says Plato, and so say I," Richard stated, looking up for the first time in a while and joining the conversation.

"What sport are you going to pick?" Emily asked her granddaughter.

"I'm not sure. I'm not really the athletic type. That's more Frankie," Rory replied, gesturing to her sister who was sitting beside her.

Frankie looked up from picking at her nails when she heard her name, only to be met with several pairs of eyes staring at her. She smiled awkwardly at her family. "What's up?"

Lorelai jumped in, saving Frankie. "I told Rory she should go out for the debating team."

"That's not a sport," Rory said with a grin.

"It is the way the Gilmore's play."

Emily took in a deep breath. "So, what are your choices?"

"God, there's, like, a thousand of them," Rory began, "um, basketball, lacrosse, swimming, track, golf."

"Golf?" Emily questioned, cutting Rory off.

"Yeah," her granddaughter replied with a chuckle.

"Well, your grandfather is a golf player."

Frankie tuned out the rest of the conversation, dozing off once Lorelai and Emily left the room. She was only awoken by the gentle shaking of her shoulder when it was finally time to head back to Stars Hollow.

The next day, while Lorelai was busy dealing with the wedding being held at the Independence Inn, and Rory was off golfing with Richard, Frankie slept in, then made her way over to Luke's.

"Need something, Frankie?"

"Coffee, please!"

"You know coffee stunts your growth, right?"