Lorelai's Birthday

Because of the fire, Lorelai had been more stressed out than usual. She had been working herself to the bone trying to get the inn back up and running, so the twins wanted to do something special for her birthday. Luke would be coming over to do some house work for them, as he did every year for Lorelai's birthday, but the twins wanted to make this her best birthday yet.

The family was sitting at the kitchen table, and the girls were telling their mother the plan for her birthday week.

"Monday after school, facials at Sloopy's," Frankie said as she read the paper in her hands.

"Mudpack Monday, I love it," Lorelai gushed with a smile.

"Then we'll have double-feature Tuesday, Sephora Wednesday, complimentary-makeover Thursday, and then big, fat fabulous Friday," Rory continued.

"D-day!"

"B-D-day."

"Culminating in the fabulous blowout of a party you two are planning."

"Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted a party?" Frankie asked, feigning sadness. "We told everyone you didn't want to make a big deal out of your birthday this year."

"You're not funny."

"Ms. Patty and Babette wanted to hire these two hot guys to carry you around all day and feed you bon bons, and Kirk wanted to hire the Red Hot Chili Peppers to play a concert, but we said, 'hey, please respect the lady's wishes. She deserves that at her age'," Rory joked.

"Why are you so cruel to mamma?"

"We have to go," Frankie said, standing up.

"Where?"

"None of your business."

"You are planning something for Friday night, aren't you?"

"We'll bring back Chinese for dinner," exclaimed Rory as they tried to head for the door.

"And you tell people, no matter what they say, that I just couldn't accept a new car," Lorelai jested. "It would be beneath me, and I'd be completely humiliated. And a convertible would just make me fling myself off a building."

The phone rang and Lorelai picked up just as the twins were leaving the kitchen, and they walked over to Weston's Bakery.

"So, that's a 4-foot chocolate cake with individual vanilla cupcakes on top, spelling out 'Happy 16th Birthday, Lorelai'?" Fran, Weston's Bakery's owner, asked the twins.

"That's right," the girls said in unison as they pulled out cash from their wallets.

"Would you like buttercream or whip-cream frosting on that?"

"Can you do both?" Frankie mused.

"That's a lot of frosting."

"I know, but it's our mom's favorite part. Once we tried to make a cake entirely out of frosting, which turned out to be better in theory than in actual execution." Rory sighed at the memory, then turned back to Fran.

"Well, both frostings it is, then," Fran agreed with a smile. "What time do you want to pick it up?"

"Ms. Patty will pick it up around 5," Frankie stated.

"Alright, you're all set," the baker confirmed.

"Thanks, Fran!" the twins called as they began to walk out of the bakery.