Confession

When Frankie awoke the following morning, it felt like the arctic tundra in the Gilmore house. She grabbed every coat and jacket she could find, along with her warmest slippers and hat, and walked out into the living room to see Lorelai and Lane trying to fix a broken window with plastic wrap.

"What the hell happened?" Frankie asked, walking up to the pair as they secured the clear plastic with bandaids.

"Oh, I broke it last night trying to close it," Lorelai stated with a shrug.

"Huh."

"How'd you sleep through this? It's freezing in here."

"I don't know. I was tired."

"Huh. I need whatever super power you've got."

Frankie chuckled, then went back to her room. She changed, brushed her teeth, then walked back out to the living room. "I'm going to Luke's. Want anything?"

"Tell him to get his butt over here to fix the window!" Lorelai called as Frankie left the house.

"Call someone to fix it!" Frankie retorted, descending the stairs and skating over to the diner.

As she skated through the town, people called out their hello's and waved, happy to see the girl again after months away. She returned their gestures cheerfully, enjoying the comradery that Stars Hollow had.

On her way to Luke's, Frankie stopped at Weston's Bakery for a Danish. As she walked up to the counter, she spotted Jess sitting at a table by the door. Once he saw her, he immediately got up and grabbed his jacket, rushing out the door. She sighed, turning her attention back to the man behind the register, and paid for her order.

Entering the diner, Frankie saw a group of people crowded around the counter, peering at something that had piqued their interest.

"Frankie?"

The girl turned in the direction of the voice and spotted Luke. Her face broke out into a huge smile, and she rushed over to the diner owner, giving him a warm hug.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, shock and joy lacing his tone.

"I'm here for the weekend. You were one of my first stops."

"It's good to see you, kid," he said with a grin. "You look good. Happy."

"I am. Juilliard is amazing. Not much to report since Christmas, but it's been good."

"Frankie! You're here!" Ms. Patty exclaimed, hurrying over to the pair and enveloping her former student in her arms.

"Hi, Ms. Patty! How are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine, dear, I'm fine. How are you? How's Juilliard? Tell me everything."

As Ms. Patty dragged Frankie over to a table so she could relay everything new about Juilliard, Liz, Luke's sister, walked up to the diner owner.

"That's Frankie?"

"Yep," Luke responded, popping lips.

Liz stared at the girl for a moment. "She's pretty."

Luke rolled his eyes and turned around, walking behind the counter.

"She's Jess' girlfriend, right?"

"Was." Luke tried his best to tune out his sister, but she was persistent.

"Was his girlfriend?"