A Breakup

Frankie's third year at Juilliard started off strong. She had been chosen to take part in the New Dances production, and it was going very well. She was excited for the opportunity, and to be working with choreographers and students she hadn't worked with before.

She had just turned onto her street one evening after rehearsal, when she suddenly heard a familiar voice yelling out her name.

"Francesca!"

"Finn?" she muttered, confused.

"Francesca!"

Frankie ran to her building and saw Finn standing outside, yelling up at her window.

"Finn! Stop!"

"Francesca?" The Australian whipped his head towards Frankie as she stared up at him, fuming. "What are you doing out here?"

"I just got back from rehearsal. What are you doing out here?"

"I came to see you."

"And you decided to re-enact A Streetcar Named Desire?"

Finn shrugged. "It seemed like the only way to get you to talk to me."

"You're gonna get me kicked out of the building. How long have you been here?"

"Not sure."

"Great." Frankie shook her head as she pulled out her key. "What do you want?"

"To talk."

"I figured that much. What do you want to talk about?"

"Why you haven't talked to me all summer."

"Finn," she said with a heavy sigh, unlocking the front door, "I don't know what you want me to say."

"Tell me why you haven't talked to me! What did I do?"

"You still don't get it, do you?"

"Get what?"

"Why I'm mad!"

"No! I don't!"

"Am I a joke to you?"

"What?" he asked, offended. "Of course not."

"But my family is?"

"No!"

"Then why is it okay to make fun of my family's situation?"

"It's not!"

"Great, we're in agreement on that. But you did anyway."

"I didn't!"

"Yes, you did! You were making jokes and laughing when Logan and Rory got arrested! And you threw her a felon party!"

"How did you know about that?"

"Logan told me when he stalked me at the train station last month."

Finn grimaced. "I asked him to do that, I'm sorry."

"Is that the party that you invited me to a few months ago?"

"Yes."

Frankie threw her hands in the air, dumbfounded. "Seriously, Finn? After everything that happened, you thought that was a good idea?"