A Decision and Paris

Over the next two weeks, Frankie talked to many people about the opportunity that was presented to her. Rory said that she should finish school, Penny said to take the job, Kayla was incredibly supportive, but also sad because her best friend might be leaving New York, and Lane was preoccupied with her pregnancy. Frankie even called Logan, Colin, and Finn. Logan said that she should go, and he would visit her as much as he could since Paris was only a bullet train ride away. Colin was sad, but supportive of whatever she wanted to do. Finn was also supportive, and said he would visit her all the time if she moved to Paris.

The last people Frankie discussed the opportunity with were her parents and Jess. Lorelai cried because she didn't want Frankie to leave the states. She also wanted her youngest to graduate from college, but said she would support whatever decision her daughter ended up making. Christopher was incredibly excited about the idea, especially because Gigi would be visiting Paris to start building a relationship with Sherry, and he liked the idea of Frankie being there to look out for her younger sister.

The hardest conversation to have, by far, was with Jess. Frankie kept putting it off because she didn't know what he would say, and she was worried how this life-changing decision would affect their relationship – whatever their relationship was.

Taking a deep breath, she dialed his number one night, just a day before she had to give the Paris Opera Ballet her decision.

"Hey, Frank," Jess said cheerfully into the phone.

"Hi," she breathed, pacing nervously around her room.

"Everything okay?"

"Um...No. Well, yes. But maybe no."

Jess furrowed his eyebrows and chuckled. "Okay...What's up?"

Frankie let out a heavy sigh, deciding it was best to just rip the Band-Aid off. "I got a call from the Paris Opera Ballet, and they want me to dance for them starting in January. I have to give them my answer tomorrow."

Frankie waited anxiously for Jess to say something. After a couple minutes, he finally spoke.

"Wow."

"I know."

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know."

"Well, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know."

"What's stopping you from making the decision?"

"I don't know."

Jess couldn't help but laugh lightly. "Okay, so what do you know?"

"I know that Rory and my mom want me to graduate, but Lorelai will be supportive no matter what I choose to do. And I know everyone else that I've talked to has said that it's an amazing opportunity, and I shouldn't pass it up."

"It kind of sounds like you've made up your mind, Frankie," he said after a moment of silence, a small, sad smile on his face.

"No, I haven't."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Because, what if I get a call from the Pennsylvania Ballet tomorrow? What am I gonna do?"

"Frank, it's been months. They said they would call, and they haven't."

"But, what if they do? What if, I accept this, and they call?"