Birthday Bash

Since their talk after Frankie's encounter with Jess, Finn had been trying to find the right words to express what he was feeling, but had been coming up short. Frankie had been giving him space, knowing that the bombshell she dropped wasn't what he wanted to hear. But, from witnessing Lorelai and Rory's relationships, and the lies and withholding of truths, she knew being honest was better in the long run. Even if the truth was painful.

Logan and Colin had noticed that Finn was unusually quiet, and decided to talk to their Australian friend.

"What's going on, Finn?" Colin asked as they sat around a poker table.

"Nothing."

"Bull. What's going on?" Logan reiterated, glancing down at his cards.

With a sigh, Finn ran a hand over his face. "I've just been thinking about what Francesca told me."

"Have you guys talked?"

Finn shook his head. "Not since she called to tell me."

"I don't see the problem," Colin stated, leaning back in his chair. "She told you right away, didn't she? She was honest, and nothing happened."

"She asked questions and said she felt things."

"What things, though? Did she feel love, hate, lust, anger? Was it just butterflies? Finn, you're stressing out over a conversation."

"This guy was her everything, Colin. She talked to me about him. She loved him, and then he left her."

"Okay, so what? You two are together now. I don't see the problem. And isn't he moving? They aren't gonna see each other anymore."

"I think the point Finn is trying to make is that, even though she's with him, Frankie still feels something for her ex," Logan said to Colin, glancing over at Finn for confirmation.

"Again, so what? Finn's been the rebound guy for a bunch of girls. And isn't that how you two started, anyway?"

"Yeah," Finn sighed. "But I was kind of hoping that the feelings would go away when we got together."

"Dude, she chose you! She said she wants to be with you, right? At her grandparent's vow thing, you two had that conversation. Her ex is out of the picture now. Why can't you two move forward?"

"Because what if, in a month, six months, a year from now, she realizes that she still loves him and goes after him?" Finn exclaimed, standing up and walking over to the bar to grab a drink.

"What if, in two days, the world ends? What if, in three months, you're struck by lightning? You can think about the what ifs until the sky turns green, it doesn't change anything," Colin stated, following Finn to the bar. "You can't be afraid to move forward just because she asked a few questions."

"But she said she still has feelings for him!"

"So what? He's moving! He's out of her life! She chose you!"

"She did choose you, Finn," Logan called from the table. "She said she wants this with you. I told you at the cabin that they might've been epic, but you two can be better."

"Look," Colin started, clapping a hand on Finn's shoulder, "I think you should invite her to your birthday party. Get her here, have some fun, forget about the weirdness, and just enjoy being around each other again. You might find that, even though there was a fleeting moment, it was fleeting, and she wants to be with you. If she accepts the invitation, great, if she doesn't, then you have your answer, and she doesn't want this anymore."