The After Party

Before making their way to a club, or bar, or wherever Colin and Finn had decided they were headed, Frankie insisted on taking off her stage makeup and showering. The boys agreed, and as soon as Frankie's apartment door opened, she disappeared into the bathroom.

"So what's the Life and Death Brigade?" Jess asked, taking a seat on the couch.

"It's a group," Colin replied nonchalantly.

"Okay...What do you guys do?"

"We enjoy life by narrowly evading death," Finn answered, spinning around the living room with a flourish.

Jess furrowed his eyebrows and cocked his head. "That sounds dangerous."

"Sometimes. Like the time Logan almost died cliff jumping," said Colin with a shrug.

"What?" Jess exclaimed, sitting forward on the couch.

"Almost. He almost died," Finn stated, as if almost dying made the experience more understandable.

"Wait. Did you call Frankie around that time?" Jess asked, putting the pieces together.

"I did."

"Because Rory kicked you guys out, right?"

"How'd you know?" Colin raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"I was with Frankie when you called."

Finn paused. "You were with Francesca?"

"Yeah, I went to the wedding Rory left to get to the hospital."

"I see."

Just then, Frankie emerged from the bathroom, her hair in a towel and her robe cinched tightly around her waist.

"Hi, sorry, just a few more minutes," she called as she scurried into her room.

"Take your time, darling. We have all night," Finn called back.

"Maybe you guys do. I have to sleep at some point," Frankie said, poking her head through the doorway with a smirk.

"We can sleep when we're dead!" Colin shouted with a grin. "We're young and have our whole lives ahead of us."

"Colin, I have a performance tomorrow. I can't be hungover."

As Colin was about to respond, Frankie walked out of her room in a short, tight, black dress, with black combat boots and fishnet stockings.

The boys stared at her, mouths slightly agape. Finn let out a low whistle, taking in the sight before him.

"What?" she asked nervously. "Is it bad?"

"You look amazing, love," said Finn, eyes raking over her figure.

"You think? I haven't been out yet, so I wanted to look the part." Frankie walked over to the full-length mirror in the front hall, looking over her appearance.

"You look great," Jess said, standing up from the couch.

"Thank you. Shall we?" Frankie smiled at the boys, grabbing her purse off the coat rack as she nodded towards the door.

"We shall." Finn draped an arm over her shoulder as the group left the apartment.

Finn and Colin had the whole night planned, starting with a bar just down the street. As they made their way to the counter, Frankie could feel the stares that lingered, and it made her nervous.