Chapter Four: Bonding Time

"Hey, Sam." I greeted as I walked out into the main room, sitting down in a chair next to him. "Where's Dean and Jack?"

"Dean went out for a beer run and I gave Jack a recorded message from his mother on the computer. He's watching it now." he answered, leaning back in his chair and stretching out. "How are you doing? Still adjusting?"

"To having a nephilim here, or myself being here?" I questioned.

He chuckled. "Both."

"Well, I'm still adjusting, but for the most part, I'm good." I said.

"That's good. Hey, why don't you go and check up on the kid? Seeing that recording must have been hard on him."

"No can do, Sammy," Dean walked down the stairs of the bunker, heading over to us. "She's coming with me in a case."

    "A case? About what?" I asked.

    "Missouri Moseley called. Something is killing psychics, and we need to take care of this." Dean said, "and you are going to stay here and make sure Demon Child doesn't get loose."

    "You know, Demon Child has a name." I told him.

    Dean looked at me and sighed. "Well, this is gonna be a pleasant couple hours drive."

    "Hey, you were the one that wanted me to come along." I said as I followed Dean up the steps of the bunker and outside, getting into the Impala.

    "Yeah, well, I'm not leaving you alone with the kid." Dean said, peeling out onto the main road. "As much as I don't agree with your point of view on the kid, I can't have you dying on me. Your dad would kill me if anything happened to you."

    I smiled. "You do care."

    "I wouldn't use that strong of a word, Anna." Dean said and focused back on the road ahead.

                               💠💠💠

"Hey, Anna," Jody said as she hugged me. "Where's your dad? He here with you?"

    "Oh. No. He's um....he's in another world." I said, trying to find the right words to use.

    "Another world. Huh." Jody echoed, hugging Dean. "Hey, Dean. How ya doin'?"

    "Dandy." Dean responded.

    I looked at a house with crime scene tape over the door. "That the house?"

    "Yeah. Come on." Missouri said to us three, leading us into the house, beads covering the door.

    "What's the sheriff have to say?" Dean asked as he looked around.

    "Victim was found with a hole in the base of her skull." Jody answered.

    "Wraith?" I looked at Dean.

    "Yeah. Stay close, kid." Dean told me. "No forced entries."

    "Excuse me, dears." Missouri said and walked over to the door knob and hovered her hand over it.

    "Missouri reads objects. It's kind of her thing." Dean told Jody.

    Missouri looked back at us and walked over to where we were. "He pretended to be a customer. Said he needed help. Dede always was a soft touch"—she touched the table—"he is a wraith. But he's picked up a taste for our kind."

    "A psychic-eating wraith? That's a new one." I said.

    "It is." Missouri said, her hand traveling over the surface of the table, her eyes closing once again.