Chapter Twenty-seven: Well, That Was A Short Honeymoon

I walked into the room and found Jack still sleeping, walking over to him and laying on top of his chest, having him wake up and smile tiredly.

"What're you doing up this early, Anna?" Jack asked.

"It's 7, Jack." I told him, smiling. "How would you feel about growing a beard?"

"Maybe in a few years. Where's the others?" Jack yawned.

"In the main room." I answered.

Jack smiled at me and brushed my hair over my shoulder. "How does it feel? To be Anna Kline instead of Anna Rigel?"

I rolled off him and laid next to him. "It feels great. I never thought I'd ever get the chance to get married because I'm a Hunter, but, luckily, I met you."

Jack turned his head to look at me, kissing me gently. "And I'm glad I met you. Even if you were sent to kill me."

I giggled lightly. "Yeah. In my defense, my father told me to. But, I am glad he's no longer in my life, so he can't get in the way of us anymore."

He smiled softly and kissed me once more before getting up and turning to me. "I'm going to make some breakfast for us."

"Okay. I'm gonna take a quick shower. I'll be out soon." I told him and rolled off the bed, opening his drawers to find clothes and went into the bathroom.

    Once I showered, I changed into Jack's shirt and kept my leggings on before heading back out to the kitchen where Jack was making breakfast.

    "Hey. I'm making your favorite," Jack said once he saw me. "Chocolate pancakes."

"I knew I married you for some reason." I wrapped my arms around him from behind and kissed him through his thin t-shirt.

Jack turned around and placed his hands on either side of my face, a hand brushing my hair from my eyes. "Have you thought about what we talked about?"

"About leaving the life?" I asked.

"Yeah. Have you decided?" he asked, "if you do leave, I'll go with you."

I sighed softly and looked around the kitchen, then back at him. "I had a good six months to myself. And I loved it, but it wasn't for me."

He smiled. "You're staying?"

"I'm staying." I nodded, "besides. Someone needs to help you save the world."

    He smiled and kissed my forehead. "Might as well be my wife."

    I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with the back of his hair. "I like hearing you say that."

    "Our breakfast's are getting cold." he grabbed the plates on the counter and setting them on the table.

    I sat down across from him and took a bite of  the pancake. "You know, I think you might be better at making pancakes than Dean is."

    He chuckled softly. "Thanks for the compliment."

    "Just don't tell Dean I said that." I added.

    "Of course not," he finished his breakfast and looked at me. "Anna...there's something I need to tell you."

"About?"

"Saving the world. Killing Chuck and Amara." he said. "In order to do that.....I need to die as well."

    "I'm sorry, what?"

   "Anna..."

    "Jack!" I silenced him, standing up and walking over to him. "We got married not twenty-four hours ago, and you're already talking about dying?!"