Chapter Sixteen: Catfight

"Jack, what are you doing?" I asked as I laid between his legs, leaning my back against his chest.

    He closed his laptop quickly. "Nothing, Anna."

    "Let me see." I said.

    "Anna, really—"

    "Please?" I pouted, knowing he couldn't resist when I pouted.

    He sighed. "Okay." he said and kissed my hair, letting me open up his laptop and see what was on the screen.

   "Ten Ways to Propose to Your Girl." I read off, looking at him. "Jack...are you serious?"

    "Yes. It's just—with our line of work, we don't live very long. And I—I want to make the most of our time together." he said.

    "Jack..."

    "You don't have to say anything right now. I just wanted you to know. I want to marry you." he said.

    "Do Sam and Dean know?" I asked.

    "I asked them both. They're your dads, and I wanted to get their approval."

    "And?"

    "They're okay with it."

    I got off the bed and set his laptop on his desk, sitting on his lap and wrapping my arms around his neck, kissing him.

    He smiled against my lips and wrapped his arms around my waist, laying back on the bed and moving his hands to tangle in my hair.

    "Hey, guys—GUYS!" Sam shouted and slammed the door shut. "Have the decency to lock the door!" he said, his voice muffled by the closed door.

    I stifled a laugh and kissed Jack once more before rolling off him and heading to open the door, seeing Sam's red face.

    "Geez, Sam. You act like you've never seen two people kissing before." I said with a light chuckle, leaning against the frame of the door.

    "Ha ha. Anyways. I was thinking of heading off on a Hunt with Charlie. Will you and Jack be okay here?" he asked.

"Probably," I answered. "We'll try not to burn down the bunker in the process."

    "That's all I ask for. See you guys in a few hours. Probably." he said and left.

    I turned back to Jack. "Coffee?"

    "Sure." He got out of bed and we walked into the kitchen, finding the coffee had already been made in the pot; pouring two cups of coffee, I sat down next to Jack and handed him his cup, sipping my own.

    Jack sipped at his coffee and set it back down, grabbing the sugar and pouring a lot in his cup.

    "Jack, isn't that going to be a bit sweet?" I asked once I set my cup down.

    He looked at me and set the sugar down, shrugging. "Ever since I became human, things taste different. I can't get it to the way I like."

    "Hm. Well, just don't put too much that you have a sugar-rush." I responded with a smile.

    "What's that?" he asked as he took a sip of his coffee. "Ugh. That's.....that's sweet."

    I laughed softly and slid mine over to him, taking his cup. "Here. Just don't add too much sugar this time."

Jack smiled and leaned over, kissing my cheek. "You're the best."

"Aw. I know."

He laughed and took the sugar, pouring it into the drink again.