Chapter Nine: Coping

The days gone and went slowly without Jack, leaving me with lack of motivation to do anything besides lay in bed.

    "Hey, kid," Dean knocked on my opened door.

    I looked up from where I laid on my stomach at the foot of my bed. "What, Dean? I'm kind of busy."

    Dean sighed and walked over to me, sitting down beside me on my bed, setting a hand on my back as I lowered my head off the side of the bed.

    "Anna, I get you miss Jack. We all do. But this isn't healthy," Dean said to me. "You're barely sleeping, you're not eating, and"—he sniffed me—"have you even bothered to shower?"

    "What's the point?" I complained. "He's gone, so that means your mom and my dad are gone."

    "Hey, since when are you so negative? You were always the most optimistic one of us." Dean said to me.

    I looked at him. "I had a reality check. We're losing horribly."

    "Dean," Sam spoke from the door, making me turn my head to him as his brother did the same. "we got a case. Donna's niece got kidnapped. She wants us to help."

    "Anna, why don't you come with? Hopefully putting a bullet into a monster will cheer you up." Dean said.

    "Dean's right, Anna," Sam spoke up. "We're worried for you."

    I sighed loudly and slid off the bed and landed on the carpeted floor, slowly getting to my feet. "Fine. I'll come with you on this. But don't expect me to be cheerful."

    "Wasn't planning on it, kid." Dean said in an attempt to make me smile.

    I looked at the oldest brother and walked out of my room and into the armory, grabbing a handgun and bullets before walking out again and seeing the brothers already at the top of the bunker steps.

    "Ready?" Sam asked me once I reached the top.

    "Yeah." I answered and pushed open the door to the bunker and got in the backseat of the Impala.

    "Donna's niece, huh?" Dean asked Sam as we drove down the early-morning misted road.

    "Yeah. She went to get gas. Never came home." Sam answered.

    "All the more reason to not drive alone at night." I said from the backseat.

    "Hey, kid, I know you're missing Jack, okay? But we could do with a little less snark." Dean said as he looked at me in the mirror.

    "Um.....I think she was just pointing out facts, Dean..." Sam said hesitantly.

    "Yeah." I said and leaned my head back against the seat, closing my eyes for a little shut-eye.

    The sound of a door closing jerked me from my sleep, making me sit up and look around an unfamiliar room.

    "Hey there, sleepyhead." Sam said when he saw me awake. "thought it best for you to get some sleep."

    "What happened?" I asked.

    "Dean and I got information from an FBI agent. Apparently, this person has the same pattern as the Butterfly." Sam answered.

    I frowned and flexed my shoulder. "The Butterfly?"

    "Yeah," Sam hung up his coat and looked back at me. "hey. You okay?"

    "I'm fine," I lied, looking over and seeing Dean fiddling with a radio at the table. "What's Dean doing?"

    "What he does best." Sam answered me, "Hey, Dean, no one uses CB radios anymore."

Devil's Trapजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें