Chapter Thirty: Hello Again, Boys

Three week time-skip

"Jody, I'm fine. Really. You don't need to keep checking in on me." I said as she and the girls entered my house for the third time that week.

    "We're just concerned neighbors, Anna. You're three weeks pregnant and you already look like a balloon." Jody answered as Alex got out her nurse's kit.

    "Wow. Subtle way of calling me fat." I said with a chuckle as I sat down on the couch, letting Alex take out her stethoscope.

    "You're not fat, Anna. Be proud of this. You'll have a mini you, or a mini Jack on the way in a few weeks—or days." Claire said.

    "Speaking of. Have you heard from him at all?" Jody asked.

    "No. He's in Heaven full-time now. But he'll come when something big happens." I answered.

    "Well, he better be here when the baby's born," Alex said and packed her stethoscope away again, pulling my shirt back down. "Your baby's just fine. I expect the baby to be born in....a few days, given how fast the baby's growing."

    "We'll be here when it happens, Anna. You're not gonna go through this alone." Jody said.

    "I'm not gonna be alone, guys. Sam and Dean are gonna be there as well as Jack. He wouldn't miss the birth of his child." I told them.

    The door opened and Dean hopped over the couch and sat next to me with a flirty smile.

    "Hey, Anna." he said with a wink.

    I laughed. "Hey, Dean. Save any girls from Hunts?"

    "Oh, yeah. But none of them were I to me for some reason. There were all into Sammy here." Dean gestured to his brother as he closed the door.

    "Hmm. Must be the beard," I said once I saw he had facial hair. "I like it, Sam."

    "Thank you. At least someone does." Sam said with a pointed look at Dean.

    "Yeah, whatever. Anyways, how's little Dean doing?" Dean asked as he patted my belly.

    "Okay, we are not calling my kid that," I said to him. "Or Sam, by the way." I looked at Sam and he closed his mouth, mumbling a little "fine."

    I smiled at the two of them, then winced slightly, my hand resting on my belly.

    "I'm fine, guys. The baby just kicked." I told them once I saw their concerned faces.

    "Jack's gonna be so mad he missed this." Dean said as he felt my stomach, smiling as the baby kicked again.

    "He's still watching over us, Dean. And he now has the power to smite people, so don't you try to make a move on me." I told him.

    "And leave all the other women without this? No way is that gonna happen." Dean said.

    I smiled at him and looked towards his brother. "How have you guys been, Sam?"

    "Hunting and drinking beer, mostly." he answered with a shrug. "The bunker just isn't the same without you and Jack there anymore."

"Yeah. I miss you guys, too. But I can join in hunts in....three weeks. If I don't die in childbirth, that is." I said.

"You won't, Anna. You're gonna live a long and happy life." Sam said.

I smiled. "Hope you're right. You guys are still going help me, right?"

"You think we'd just leave our favorite girl hanging? We'll be there for you." Dean said with a smile at me.

    I sniffed Dean. "You smell like pie. Did you go to the pie fest today?"