Chapter Thirty-nine: Bonding Time: Part Two

I laid on the couch and blew my nose again, sighing loudly. "I hate this. Can't I just go on a Hunt in the area?"

     "Sorry, kid. You're sick, and Jack needed to take care of some stuff in Heaven, so you're stuck with me and Sammy today," Dean said as he sat down on the wooden coffee table with a bowl of soup for me. "Open up the hatch. The plane's comin' in."

    I pushed his hand away and sat up. "I'm not a kid, Dean."

    "I'm practicing for my own." he answered honestly.

    "Wait. What?" I asked.

    "Oh. Not right now, obviously. Just in general. I want a kid." he clarified.

    "Dean, you're already great with Kelly. You'll be a great dad someday," I told him, taking the bowl and spoon from him. "Thanks for making me soup."

    "No problem. So, did you take it yet?" Dean asked.

    Claire had told Dean what Jack and I did two weeks ago, and since then, he has been hounding me on taking a pregnancy test. He even bought me one and threw it at my face in order to remind me to take it.

    "I finally did just to get you off my back about it." I said.

    "And?"

    "Nope. Sorry, Dean. You're not getting another niece or nephew." I said.

    "What? Aw. I was really looking forward to it." he said with a sigh.

    "Bummer. Maybe in a few years you'll get another one." I said as I patted his knee.

    "Maybe two?" he asked hopefully.

    "Don't push it."

    "Hey, Dean?" Sam came downstairs. "Why'd you get an expired pregnancy test?"

    "Dude. That was for Anna. She took it, but she's not pregnant." Dean said.

    "Dean, you realize if a pregnancy test is expired it won't work anymore? So she could be pregnant again, but it wouldn't show it." Sam replied.

    "Oh. Huh. Anna, we're gonna get you another test that isn't expired. Stay put." Dean said and got up.

    "No. No, no. You don't have to do that." I said.

    "Too late. It's happening, kid." Dean said and the brothers headed out once again.

    I looked over onto the coffee table, seeing the remote to the tv and struggling to reach it without moving from my position.

    After five minutes of struggling, I finally grabbed hold on the remote, switching on the television and flipping to The Bachelor.

    The brothers came back moments later and Dean dropped a pregnancy test on my lap, moving my legs up and sitting on the couch, placing my legs on his lap as the two of us watched.

    "I'm gonna go up and see Kelly." Sam said to no one in particular and went upstairs.

    "Who do you think he's gonna give the last rose to? I'm guessing Diane." I asked.

    "No way. Diane is shallow. Adam's gonna give the rose to Kate." Dean answered.

    "And why's that?"

    "She's got a lot in common with him. Granted, she was a bitch when the season first started, but she's really changed for the better." he answered.

    I looked at him curiously. "I thought you weren't into The Bachelor."

    "I'm not." he denied, then started yelling. "Oh, come on! You should have booted off Diane, not Jasmine! Why'd you give her a frickin' rose, Adam?!"