Chapter Seven: Yee-Haw, Partner!

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, but all I could see was darkness....and warmth. Leaning my head back slightly, I saw Jack still asleep, his arms wrapped around me securely.

I tried to shift out of his arms, but he tightened his hold on me and mumbled something in his sleep that sounded like my name.

I smiled softly and played with a bit of his light brown hair that had fallen over his face, watching as his eyes opened and focused on me, a smile forming across his lips.

"Hi, Anna." he said in a tired voice, his voice a little bit scratchy from sleep.

I dropped my hand from playing with his hair and smiled. "Hey, Jack. Sleep well?"

"Yeah. You?" he answered and slowly unwound his arms from around me.

"Best I've slept in years, actually." I answered honestly.

A knock came on the door and it opened. "Hey, Jack—Anna?!" Sam asked, his eyes wide at the sight.

"Sam! This isn't what is looks like, trust me." I said to the older boy.

Sam smiled a little. "I know, Anna. It's just entertaining to see you get so defensive."

"Oh, shut up." I grabbed a pillow off the bed and threw it at his face.

"Be glad it wasn't Dean who came in here. By the way, nice throw." Sam said as he caught the pillow and tossed it back at me.

I sighed and sat up, dragging a hand through my slightly knotted hair. "Do we have a case?"

"Yeah. We're headed to Dodge City." Sam answered my question. "Oh, also. Come out into the main room. We got you a surprise." he said and left the room.

I looked at Jack and we got out of bed, opening the door and letting him go out first before I went out; walking into the main room and seeing the brothers sitting at the table.

"Hey. What did you want to show us?" I asked them.

"Turn around, kid." Dean answered me as he ate the leftover lasagna.

Jack and I turned around and a smile formed on my face as I saw who was standing there.

"Cass? You're alive?" I said in disbelief and hugged him. "Wait, how are you alive? We burned your body."

"I annoyed an ancient cosmic being so much that he let me go." Cas answered as the hug ended and he went to hug Jack.

I walked back over to the brothers, my eyes still on Cass and Jack. "Annoying an ancient cosmic being seems like a Cass thing to do."

"Definitely," Dean nodded, "also, Sammy told me you were in Jack's room this morning."

"Sam!" I looked at him and smacked his head.

Dean laughed. "Relax, kid. Sammy told me what happened. Nothin' screwy happened. Just a big ol' cuddle."

    "Right." I nodded.

    "But seriously, kid, did you want to?" Dean asked, leaning forward.

    "Dean!" I laughed, glancing over at Jack and smiling a little.

💠💠💠

We followed Dean as he opened up the hotel room with the keys, flicking on a light and looking around. "Oh, ho. The Wild Bill suite. Pretty cool, right?"

"Yeah. I guess." I answered as I closed the door behind us.

"You guess? Anna, look at this picture. You know who this is? It's Clay Allison. Gunfighter extraordinaire. And Curly Bill Brocius, which—now, fun fact here, was killed by Wyatt Eart himself."