Chapter Fourty-three: Weather Warning

I knocked on the hotel door that morning and Belphegor answered, rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"Anna? It's not even 8:00," he said with a yawn. "Why are you here? It's storming."

"Do you have a moment?"

"Yeah," he looked outside the wind blew his face, rain falling from the dark sky and thunder crashed overhead. "Come on inside."

    I walked inside his hotel room and turned to him, taking off my coat and hanging it up. "I need help with something."

    "So I'm your unpaid therapist, is that it?" he joked as he sat at the rounded table, gesturing for me to sit across from him. "What's going on?"

    "Kelly,"

    "What about her? Is she okay?"

    "She's fine. I'm just concerned for her." I answered.

    "Is she doing drugs or having sex?"

    "Thankfully, a no to both of those. She's isolating herself from her friends. She won't go out unless it's to see Sam, Dean, or Jody."

    He nodded. "So you're worried she's training to be a Hunter like you?"

    "Yes. I'm scared for her. There are still some powerful creatures out there and I don't want her to die. Hell, I did die a few times! I never wanted this kind of a life for my child." I explained.

    "Hm. Why come to me about this? Why not Dean? I'm sure he can convince her to stop." he suggested.

    "Have you met Dean? He won't stop her from doing this. He'll say "this world needs more Hunters to level the playing field with these asshats"

    He chuckled a little. "That sounds like Dean. But he's right, you know."

    "I know there are more monsters now that still need to be Hunted. When I had her I promised that I'd keep her safe from all this. Now she's running head-first into the fray." I said.

    He leaned back in his chair and thought about it for a moment. "Then become a Hunter again."

    "Belphegor, I'm serious."

    "So am I, Anna," he leaned his elbows against the table and placed his hands near mine. "Train her in everything you know. Then she'll be able to defend herself. With yours and Dean's training, she'll be wiping out those monster in no time."

    "I don't doubt her skill of being ruthless when angry. I know she is,"

    "Probably gets that from her mother." Belphegor said with a smile.

    I smiled and nodded. "But I'm scared she won't come home at the end of the day."

    He went silent again before speaking. "Then put me in training with her."

    "What?"

    "Put me in training with her," Belphegor repeated. "When you can't be there for her anymore on Hunts because of the baby, I'll be there for her. I promise."

    "Bel, Hunting isn't an easy thing to do."

    "I know it isn't. But I do have some unfinished business with some demon that were real asses to me back in Hell. And I still have a little bit of magic in me. I can cast a protection spell over her and you."

    I smiled a little. "You're not going to say no, are you?"

    "And deny You of seeing this face every day for training? I'm not that cruel, love." he teased with a smile.