Chapter Fourty-four: Look Who's Back!

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs, sitting up in the bed and rubbing a sleeved hand over my face.

"Good morning, sunshine," Belphegor asked when he saw me get up from the bed and walk over to him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah. You?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I'm making us breakfast."

"I can see that." I reached out and grabbed a piece of bacon off a plate.

"Hey," Belphegor lightly smacked my hand. "Hands off."

I smiled and leaned back against the counter, breaking the piece in half and eating my half. "Open up. Your piece incoming."

"I'm not a kid, Anna." he said to me, smiling a little.

"So you don't want it?"

"I earned this."

"Okay then. Open." I moved the piece closer to him and booped him on the nose.

"You're insane," he laughed lightly, opening his mouth and eating the bacon. "I did good on this."

"Mm-hmm." I agreed.

"Oh. By the way," he turned to me and gestured to the black apron around his neck that said 'kiss the chef' written on it in white letters. "Kiss the chef!"

I kissed my fingers and pushed his head away, making him laugh and catch my hand, kissing the tips of my fingers.

"You're welcome." he said.

"For what?"

"For getting you to be happy again." he answered with a smile.

I smiled a little and pushed off from leaning against the counter. "I'm going to shower. Make sure the eggs don't burn."

He chuckled and flipped the eggs over in the pan as I walked down the hall and entered the bathroom.

I showered fairly quickly, the warm water relaxing me and I washed tree shampoo out of my hair, turning off the shower and stepping out, drying myself off and getting into my clothes from the day before as they hung from the towel rack.

Exiting the bathroom and heading down the hall, I walked into the kitchen and saw Belphegor serving two plates of breakfast, picking them up and turning to me.

"Sit and eat. You want milk, orange juice, or coffee?" he asked as he set the utensils and plates down on the table in front of the stove.

I took a seat. "You got decaf?"

"Yeah, I got that." he nodded and got out two mugs from the cupboards, pouring the coffee and setting them down in front of our plates as he sat across from me. "You heading home after this?"

"I was thinking I might just drive to the bunker and stay there for a few hours with Kelly and my dads."

Belphegor smiled. "I've never heard you call Sam and Dean your dads before. When'd that happen?"

"A few years ago. They kind of adopted me after everything happened with my dad." I answered.

"That was nice of them. What are you gonna do at the bunker?" he asked as he drank his coffee.

"I don't know." I shrugged, pushing my half-empty plate to the middle, not being able to eat anymore.

"Hm. Well. Before you go, I got something for you."

"Really? Why?"

He got up from the table and opened up a drawer by the couch, taking something out and walking back.