Chapter Twenty-one: Shopping

"I'm just saying. Jack, I'm sure Dean and Sam wanted you to go along, but the bunker just needed refilling." I said as Jack and I drove in one of the bunker's cars into town to go shopping.

    "Isn't shopping a one-person job?" Jack asked.

    "Oh, so you don't want to hang out with your fiancée, is that it?" I joked.

    "What? No. No, that's not it at all."

    I laughed lightly and looked at Jack. "I was joking. Come on. Let's just get the stuff and head back to the bunker."

    We pulled into the parking spot in front of the store and got out, heading up to the door and seeing a piece of paper taped to the glass.

    "It's closed," Jack said, looking at me. "Now what?"

    "Well, we could drive up to the next one, but that one's an extra two hours from here." I said with a sigh.

"Excuse me?" a man in a hallow beanie asked, walking up to us with two other girls. "You two live with Sam and Dean, right?"

"Um...yeah." I nodded.

    "They're not here right now." Jack said.

    "Are they fighting ghosts?" the man asked.

    "What's a ghost?" Jack asked innocently. "We should go. Anna, come on."

    "Hey, it's cool. We know. About the whole Hunter thing." the blonde haired girl said.

    "Oh. Good. I don't like to lie. It makes my stomach hurt. Like when y have to burp, but you can't burp." Jack said.

    "Uh, Jack, maybe a little less analogies next time?" I suggested.

    "Oh. Okay," he nodded, looking at the three people. "Sorry."

    "It's fine. Um...did you guys need something?" the brown haired girl asked.

    "We do. But the store is closed." Jack said, looking at the closed door.

    "Not anymore." the same girl said, walking over to the door and unlocking the door. "After you."

    "Thanks." I smiled at the girl as we all entered the store.

    Jack grabbed a basket and the two of us walked around the aisles, grabbing the stuff that was on the list.

    "I've been watching these guys called the Ghostfacers. You heard of  'em?" the guy asked when we walked into a different aisle.

    "No." Jack answered.

    "I have. Sam, Dean, and I helped them with a situation involving a ghost who had a crush on this dude. It was creepy." I said.

    "Awesome." the guy said. "Anyways. I'm reading books about ghosts."

    "I'm reading about zombies." Jack said as he put another item in the basket.

    "Zombies are real?" the guy asked.

    "Well, no. Not really. They're kind of disappointing. But there are other monsters." Jack said.

    "Like what?"

    "Oh, vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters—I've seen one of those—djinn, rugaru—that's a funny name. Wraiths, sirens, demons, ghouls. All sorts of things."

    "And you two know about all of them?"

    "Well...yes." Jack answered as he put the full basket on the countertop as the girls unloaded them and scanned them.