Chapter Fourty-Five: Epilogue

Five Year Time-skip

The door opened and our eighteen year-old daughter came in with her boyfriend, the both of them smiling when they saw five year-old Cass sleeping in Jack's lap on the chair, Jack dozing off as well.

    "Hi, Kelly. Stephen. How are you?" I asked as got up from the couch and walked to them, hugged them both.

    "I'm good, Mrs. Kline. And you?" Stephen asked.

    "I'm doing fine, Stephen, thank you," I said with a smile, looking at them. "Did you two eat lunch already?"

    "Not yet." Kelly answered.

    "Perfect. I made Chicken Alfredo . Come and eat." I said as we all walked to the kitchen, the two sitting down as I put some noodles and sauce onto two plates and heated them up, setting them in front of them.

    "Thank you, Mrs. Kline." Stephen said with a smile.

    "Stephen. How many times do I have to tell you that you can call me Anna." I told him with a smile.

    The doorbell rang and woke Cass and Jack up, having him get up and say hello to our daughter and her boyfriend before answering the door.

    "Hey! There's the little kiddo!" Dakota said with a happy smile when she saw her godson.

    "Hii!!!" Cass waved his tiny hand frantically.

    "Dakota! Hi!" I walked to her as she entered the house, hugging her. "How was the trip to Paris without me?"

    She laughed. "You can go to Paris however much you want, Anna."

    "True. But I'm offended you didn't take me with you." I said.

    "Well, you would have kind of killed the vibe of the trip." she said.

    "And which vibe was that?" I asked.

    "This vibe." she answered, showing me her left hand and seeing a silver diamond-cut ring shine on her finger.

   "Oh my gosh! How come you didn't tell me?!" I asked as I shook her.

    Dakota laughed and stopped me from shaking her again by placing her hands on my shoulders. "I'm telling you now."

    "Okay, who's having a party and didn't tell me?" Dean asked with a smile as he and Sam came into the house.

    "Uncle Dean! Uncle Sam!" Kelly screamed, getting off her chair and hugging her uncles.

    "Hey, Kelly. Where's the boyfriend? He needs to be inspected if he's gonna date our niece." Dean said with a smile.

    "Dean!" I looked at him and he shrugged.

    "Gotta keep her on her toes. But seriously, Kelly, if he breaks your heart, I'll make him pay." Dean said.

    "Dean." I warned him and he laughed, Kelly leading her uncles to meet Stephen.

    "Mommy! It's Belly!" Cass said happily when Bel came into the house with a smile at Cass and Jack.

    "Hey, Belly." I teased my friend as I hugged him.

    "You know I hate it when you call me that." he said once the hug ended.

    "Too bad. I like it." I smiled.

    He smiled at me and nodded, looking at Dakota. "Hey, darling. Long time."

    She smiled. "It's been an hour."

    "Longest hour of my life." he answered.

    "Hey, Dakota. Bel," Dean came up next to me and smiled at the two. "We good? No hard feelings?"

    "Yeah. We're good." Bel nodded.

    "Good. Treat her right, or she'll break your kneecaps." Dean said to him and walked away.

💠💠💠

I set Cass down in his crib and walked downstairs to see Jack sitting on the couch, the fireplace lit.

    "I just put Cass down. You okay?" I asked my husband as I sat next to him.

    "Yeah. I'm just really happy about how this all turned out." he answered, looking at me with a smile.

    "Yeah. Given our work, I'm surprised as well." I agreed.

    He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me gently, bringing me to his chest. "I love you."

    "I love you, too."

    He smiled a little. "I want another baby."

    I laughed lightly and looked at him, kissing his cheek. "We'll see."

                               THE END

You have reached the end of the book! Congrats to all who stuck around. I started this book because I was absolutely smitten over Jack. I still am.

Anyways. Thanks for reading! 👋👋