Chapter Eighteen

A knock on the door snapped me back to reality. I looked up and saw Chelsea standing in the doorway.

"Hey, you were lost in thought. How are you?" She asked concerned.

"I'm okay. A lot on my mind. Do you think Ray will allow me to come in later tomorrow morning? I've taken off these past few days. I've been taking extra time here and there. I was late this morning. I've canceled my classes with you, and now I need to open the office later for the third time this week. I'm just afraid I'll get fired."

"You have the time, and if you need to take it off, ask him. He's a great guy." I nodded, but remained quiet. "I can't stay and chat. I just wanted to check in." I smiled and said goodbye, lowering my eyes to the envelope on the table. I couldn't tell Chelsea about Brady's visit. I desperately wanted to share with her my humiliation and pain at being recorded in an intimate moment, being threatened with my sex tape's distribution, and losing myself in this whole relationship calamity. I went from being alone, to falling in love, to feeling lonelier than I felt after my divorce to Ben. But most of all, I felt the need to protect everyone from this quagmire I'd fallen into.

Thankfully, Chelsea was called away. It was time to review the contents inside the envelope.

I was still nursing the searing pain of Matt's betrayal. However, I would never want to hurt Matt. I never wanted to have him hurt more than I was hurting. Matt had only allowed me less than five days to be out of this relationship, and I needed more time to forgive. He conceived of a way to woo me back, and his proposal had caused a catastrophe.

I got up from the desk chair and walked over to the door, then closed it before returning to my desk. I felt a nubby, protrusion and deduced there was a flash drive. This mess started with a flash drive and seemed to be ending with one too. Upon tearing open the thick yellow envelope, ignoring the piece of paper with the dollar value placed on the Pentagon shares, I pulled out the flash drive and inserted it into the desktop. I muted the volume, not needing to hear the sounds of our pleasure because Brady had sufficiently described what turned him on most. I knew I was breaking every moral and professional code by viewing it at work, but I needed to know what I was dealing with.

It was all there in color. My facial expressions of ecstasy as Matt went down on me after shifting my panties to the side. My eyes rolled in the back of my head as Matt pumped into me, opening them only to watch him please me. My legs on his torso and high-heeled feet on his shoulders, and my white-knuckled grip on the edge of the desk as I took in all his deep drives. I didn't know if this was a shortened, edited version of the entire encounter, but I watched it from beginning to end.

The scene was captured from above, possibly from the corner of the ceiling. How I didn't notice it when I looked around the room, at that point didn't matter. I noted my face was the only one visible. Even with it being slightly grainy, it was obvious I was the star of the show. I reviewed the video twice to confirm I was the only one discernible. 

Once I confirmed Matt could not be identified, I made the call that would change the course of our lives.