ʙᴀᴅ ɴᴇᴡs

Dearest Andromeda.

I'm sorry I haven't responded to your last letter, our roommate has been acting odd, I fear she might be a spy for mother and father. I could just be paranoid but better safe than sorry. Now you might be wondering why I am writing to you now, Lizzie warned me against it but I need your help.

I recently found out I am pregnant, you might be wondering how exactly that happened, well not exactly considering you have a child, how is the little Nymphadora. Anyway I'm getting sidetracked, I have no idea how I have to deal with this. I am terrible with children and I'm not completely sure I could give this child the life it deserves.

That brings me to the reason I have written this letter, I will be arranging to come to your place this summer (if that's alright with you) depending on what role the father wants to have in the baby's life, I'll tell mum and dad that I'm planning on staying with Evelyn for a couple of months or something.

I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone of my situation as a matter of my safety, the last thing I need is to be kicked out of the house, Bella would never speak to me again and I'm not sure I could handle it.

All my Love.

Juliet.

Ps, I've attached a dream catcher for Dora.

I read over the letter one last time, I knew after I sent this I'd have to speak with Daniel considering Andy would want a final confirmation by the time her letter comes. I sighed before making my way over to the owlery, I had to use a school owl as a precaution, who knows what kind of tracking spells are on my owl.

Afterwards I made my way to Gryffindor tower, I had not the slightest clue what the password was so I resorted to sitting outside the portrait until someone let me in. I ended up waiting only twenty minutes when a first year walked by, after some persuasion I got him to let me inside, I looked around the common room and saw Daniel sitting with the Marauders, I made my way over and James sent me a smile, I smiled back before turning my attention to Daniel.

"Can we talk." I asked, Sirius cracked a few jokes about how he was in trouble or about how he should go dig his grave, Daniel shook him off and led me to his dorm where we wouldn't be interrupted seeing as he put a silencing charm on the door the second I shut it behind me.

"What's up Jules." He asked and I nervously rubbed my hands together sitting cross legged on his bed.

"As I'm sure you noticed, I've gained some weight." I started.

"I didn't actually." He told me, probably as a way to prove he wasn't the type to notice weight or something like that, kinda stupid but anyway.

"That's not the point, you're the reason for the bloody weight gain." I said, he looked at me confused.

"How do you blame that on me?" He asked and I rolled my eyes, maybe I shouldn't be this harsh on him.

"Seeing as you're the only person I ever slept with you are responsible for the human growing inside of my uterus." I told him and his eyes grew wide.

"Can't be, we used protection." He reminded me.

"Not all the time, besides protection is only efficient 99% of the time." I told him remaining calm, one of us had to be.

"I can't be a father." He said after a while and I nodded.

"I could've told you that, besides I'm not expecting anything from you, I wrote to my sister asking if she'd take it." I told him.

"You mean you had such low faith in me that you gave away our child." He asked getting annoyed.

"I didn't give it away, it's just temporary until I can support myself aswell as a child." I informed him.

"Case still stands, why did you tell me if you were planning on shipping it off to live with you sister anyway." He asked me, his voice was raising, he was mad, I didn't expect this.

"I asked you to see if you wanted a role in this child's life, besides it's not finalised yet, I just sent the letter so I won't have to make a decision till Andromeda writes back, meaning you have until then to tell me what you want to do." I told him.

"I don't need till then, I want nothing to do with you or that child, I have a future to think of, having a kid will mess with it entirely." He told me before he turned around, swinging open the door and slamming it shut again as he left. I sat there speechless, he was mad at me for wanting to give the baby to Andy yet he wanted no part in its life, 'men'

I would lie if I said I was anything but hurt but in reality it wasn't true, a part of me had hoped he would assure me that everything would be fine and that we could figure it out together, or that he would be happy to co-parent. I felt a tear go down my face and quickly wiped it away before descending down the stairs into the Gryffindor common room, I had guessed Daniel ran out considering he was no where to be seen and the Marauders were looking at me expectantly.

"What did you say to him that made him storm out." Sirius pushed and I shrugged.

"None of your business." I told him, I could feel James looking at me, I couldn't look at him right now, I felt ashamed that I was roping him into a relationship I wasn't even sure I was ready for.. We had agreed not to tell anyone else of our date, keep it between us for now as we weren't sure where it was headed. I couldn't face any of them and ran out of the common room down to the courtyard to catch some air.

I ended up going down to the kitchen until dinner and joined Evelyn again at the Slytherin table informing her of everything that had taken place since the last time we had seen each other without giving away too much considering we were surrounded by a bunch of people. She had assured me that Daniel wasn't worth my time and that I did the right thing by writing to Andromeda.