ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜᴏᴇɴɪx ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

"He had no right just showing up like that and begging for your hand in marriage." Evelyn exclaimed the next night after the order meeting had come to an end and we were all grouped around the dining table at the safe house.

"We can all agree what he did was stupid but perhaps not illogical." Peter piped up, we all turned to look at him, "I mean he is Leo's father."

"That doesn't justify anything Peter, he's as much Leo's father as I am a blood supremacist." I fought and Peter rolled his eyes. Why did he seem so adamant about this.

"Besides James has been more of a father to him than Daniel ever was." Sirius added, James nodded without a doubt and I would be lying if that didn't bring me a sliver of joy. I smiled and entwined my hand into James's.

"I doubt he'll be bothering you again after this." Elizabeth said taking a sip of her tea.

"What do you know that I don't?" I asked and she shrugged.

"All will be revealed soon." After that the conversation took a turn to lighter subjects, Lily and Elizabeth were now engaged and planned to get married in December. Evelyn was seeing someone but didn't tell us who, Alice and Frank Longbottom were trying to have a baby, bit over sharing but everyone was still happy for them. Marlene and Dorcas were moving in together, Sirius and Remus were officially engaged aswell, but kept it on the down side in fear of their safety, seeing as Remus was not only a halfblood but he was a werewolf, if the death eaters found out about their relationship they could use it against Sirius or worse they could try and recruit both of them.

A couple of hours passed and everyone went home in pairs of two and three, James went to get Leo from the spare bedroom while I stayed back to talk with Evelyn, "Has James proposed yet?" She asked as we sat on the couch together.

"We agreed to wait until the war is over, we're already living together but we still feel like putting things on paper will cause everything to collapse." I explained, she nodded and looked down into her tea cup. "What about you, are things serious with you and your mysterious lover?" I asked and she shrugged.

"It's pretty new so I can't tell yet, but I really like him Jules, I have for a while now." She explained, I took her hand into mine and squeezed it.

"You tell Zabini that he better treat you right you hear me." I whispered and she looked up at me shocked.

"How did you know?" She asked

"I saw the way the two of you looked at each other during training today, he's an alright guy, too bad his brother went down the rabbit hole and not the good type." I said, I heard running coming from the hall and Leo ran into the room.

"Daddy is slow." He laughed as James joined us, picking up Leo and throwing him over his shoulder.

"How are you so out of shape that a two year old could beat you." Sirius laughed joining us, I thought he had left by now, "Forgot Moony's jacket. Oi munch you tell your dad to start working out more, aurors need to be in good shape." He told Leo who nodded, I doubt he knew what Sirius was telling him but he wanted to seem smart in front of his uncle, "Cheers, see you lot tomorrow." Sirius announced and left. James gathered up all of Leo's toys before the three of us left.

"James love, can you put down Leo for me, I need to write a few letters." I kissed James's cheek before planting a kiss on top of Leo's head, James disappeared upstairs and I walked into the small home office we set up in the library. I had to write letters to Gringgots about opening a new vault for Leo, just incase anything was to happen to me during the war he would be well looked after. There was a knock at my front door just as I tied the letter to my owl, I left the office and headed for the door grabbing my wand on the way, as I opened the door there was a thump heard from outside on the stoop as the door was halfway, I didn't even register opening it entirely before I was crouching on the floor next to Evan who was clutching his shirt in between his fingers.

"Hold on, I'm here." I whispered as I placed his head on my lap, "James!" I yelled, James was outside in a second, "He was out on a mission tonight, help me get him inside." I explained, James nodded and scooped Evan up carrying him over to the kitchen island where I had cleared a space. "Van, who did this to you?" I asked as Evan grunted at the sudden coldness of the surface beneath him.

"Barty, he went mental." He breathed clutching the wound on his stomach, "Grabbed a knife and stabbed me, I didn't know where else to go, your place was the first to come to mind."

"The important thing is you're alive." I said grabbing my wand and doing some healing spells, eventually the wound was healed and Evan sat upwards. "Van what can you tell me about my parents and their plans?" I asked as we sat in the living room drinking tea.

"They wanted you and Aleksandrov to get married as a way to keep the families happy but you refusing meant you were properly disowned, it was Bella's idea actually, she still loves you the most despite going completely mental." He said taking a sip from his cup, "But they should be leaving you alone now, the dark lorde is more important to them." He explained.

"Bit Narcissistic don't you think." I couldn't help but laugh, all it took was joining some middle aged man to leave me alone.