ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ

*Four month time jump*

"Juliet, love." It was James, I sprung up and looked around to find we were in our bedroom at our house, sweat was dripping down my forehead and I leaned into him as he pulled me towards him. "It's alright, it was just a dream." He whispered into my hair as I cried into his chest, it wasn't the first time I had this dream, but usually I didn't remember this much of it, it felt so real but yet laying here in James's arms I knew I was safe.

"Leo, where is he?" I asked alarmed and he rubbed my arm.

"He's asleep in his room, I could go get him for you." He said, I didn't want to wake him so I insisted on us just checking up on him together. James got up first and held out his arm for me before we made our way down the hall to where Leo's room was, we quietly opened the door and I let out a breath of relief when I found him sound asleep in his bed. After I knew he was safe James and I went downstairs for some tea, the tea he made was a special brew created by his mother for anxiety and sleeping disorders. "Jules, one of these days you're going to have to talk about these dreams." He told me as we cuddled on the couch.

"This one felt so real, yet it started exactly the same, with Daniel proposing, that bloody letter he sent is the cause of this, I don't understand why even months after these dreams still haunt me, Daniel is in Leo's life now, shouldn't that count as something." I sighed resting my head on James's chest, his heartbeat was steady , it was calming. I truly had believed once I gave Daniel another chance my dreams would dissapear, sure Leo had no idea he was his dad and we both agreed it was for the best, Daniel still wasn't ready for the responsibility of being a dad and James and I were relieved.

"I'm still not sure why you gave him a third chance, as for the dream it might be your subconscious messing with you, remember what McGonagall said about our minds being our worst enemy." He told me.

"We both agreed that he deserved it." I reminded him, "And I guess you're right about it being my subconscious, I just wish it would stop torturing me." I laughed. We stayed on the couch for at least an hour before Leo came waddling down the steps, he was turning four in a couple of months and I wasn't prepared at all, Andromeda had warned me that sometimes children start showing signs of magic at the ages of 4 and up, of course I wanted him to attend Hogwarts one day, I was just afraid he was going to be as bad as I was and break everything valuable in this house.

"Mummy, Dada." Leo exclaimed as he carefully stepped down the last step and ran towards us.

"Good morning pumpkin." I laughed as I picked him up, "Did you have a nice sleep." I asked him and he nodded.

"You two want breakfast before we head of to Lily and Lizzie's place." James asked us, I had completely forgotten about Lily and Lizzie's rehearsal dinner, with all these nightmares it was sometimes hard to differentiate between dream and reality.

"I could eat, what about you pumpkin, you hungry." I asked Leo he nodded and pointed towards the kitchen.

"Waffles." He exclaimed as we walked in to find a stack of waffles piled up, James smiled and took Leo from me and placing him in his high chair. I loved seeing them together, they were my boys and I wouldn't trade them for anyone else.

***

Both Lily and Elizabeth were dressed in white cocktail dresses, their wedding was tomorrow, it was a small gathering seeing as we were still in the middle of a war. The theme of the wedding was pink and green so everyone else wore some shade of green or pink.

The night was amazing, everyone allowed themselves to relax a bit as the house was surrounded by security and protective charms, the actual wedding was going to take place at the Rosier summer manor as Elizabeth had inherited it after her parents passed away, it was meant to go to Evan but he took the main manor instead, claiming it was way more practical than a summer home. He was also there despite having to be alert for when you-know-who announced a spur of the moment meeting.

Molly and Arthur Weasley were invited aswell and their three boys got along well with Leo, they also had a set of twins who were turning one in a little less than a year but were left with a relative for the night, Molly claims the second they opened their eyes they caused mischief, I suspect they're going to be extremely powerful one day if they already showed signs of magic. Peter once again seemed to be pulling away from us as he mainly stood in a corner the entire night. James and I were just about to get Leo to leave when Lily and Lizzie came up to us.

"Jules, Jamie boy wait up." Elizabeth yelled and we turned towards the happy couple. "Andy just informed us poor Dora got the flu, so we were wondering if maybe Leo could be flower boy tomorrow." They both smiled at us.

"Of course he can." Both James and I said at the same time, Lily and Elizabeth looked relieved before they went on to thank everyone for coming, James and I smiled at each other before getting Leo and heading back home. Tomorrow was going to be amazing.

***

The wedding of Elizabeth and Lily was one to remember, it started off with the ceremony as always. Sirius was the officiant and he couldn't stop cracking jokes the entire time, which made the ceremony take two times longer. The food was amazing and the after party was filled with a lot of drunk witches and wizards, the children were all looked after inside by the house-elves so there wasn't a need to worry too much about them.

As the night was ending James and I were swaying around on the dance floor, "You ever think about getting married and having more kids?" James suddenly asked me.

"Sometimes, but I don't know if I want to bring more kids into this world with the entire war going on, You-know-who isn't going away anytime soon." I said resting my head on his shoulder.

"I'm prepared to wait until the war is over, no need to rush. We still have forever ahead of us."