seven

Vote and comment your thoughts please

Iris

Friday has come again and I will see Harry today. I texted Lamby a few days before inviting him to our favorite ice cream store. I also told him to invite Harry with him and he, of course, agreed because he knew that it would make Emma really happy. Nobody is suspecting that I'm seeing Harry. Molly asked me the other day how my date was though and I had to give her a fake description of the guy I am seeing. She said that I looked happy when I talked about him.

I really like Harry. We don't get to see each other a lot because we are both working a lot and I am a mother. But we text a lot and we call each other every day and every night. I try to be as sneaky as possible because I know that my daughter is a smart girl and when she listens to Harry's name, she will start to ask questions.

My mother still lives with me. She spends a lot of time with us, and especially Emma, and I am so happy seeing her smiling again. After my father died she was devastated, she couldn't get out of be and I couldn't watch her doing that to herself. I couldn't help her and that was eating me alive. But my little human could. Emma helped nana Sophie much more that she will ever understand.

"Mumma." I hear a little girl shouting at me and I see my little gild running to the place I am standing. A few meters behind her was Millie and a new boy.

"Hello my little love. Hi Millie." I greet the two children I know.

"Mumma, this is our new friend, Ethan."

"Hello Ethan, I'm Iris, Emma's mother." I greet the shy boy.

"Hello, Miss Iris. Nice to meet you."

"Where are your parents guys?" I ask as I look around to see Millie's fathers or any adult looking for Ethan. And where is the teacher? Isn't it her job watching the kids as long as it takes the parents to come and get them?

"There you are guys, I told you not to run." I hear the teacher saying as she comes to the place we are.

"We don't get away from the teacher guys, you have to promise me that." I say to the kids and everyone of them starts apologizing.

"You don't have to wait for them, Iris." The teacher, Pia, informs me. She is around my age and we are on a name basis.

"I know, but I will." She nods and then she excuses herself so she can go back to the other children.

"Mills." I hear Chris saying and coming to our place.

"Hello, daddy." His daughter greets him and hugs him. Millie loves both of them so much, I'm so glad this little girl found the perfect house which is filled with so much love.

"Sorry for being late, thank you Iris for looking after her."

"Don't worry." I say and before I can continue the conversation I see a tall man coming to us saying Ethan's name. Everyone can understand that he is Ethan's dad, they look exactly the same.

"Hello love, sorry for being late." He tells his sons.

"Don't worry, I was with my friends."

"Oh, I see. Hi, I'm William, Ethan's dad."

"Hi, I'm Chris. Millie's dad and this is Iris, Emma's mother."

"Oh, nice to meet you. Thank you for waiting with him." The man, whose name is William tells us. He is blond and very tall, taller that Harry for sure. He is wearing a suit but not a tie. I bet that he works as a lawyer or in finance.

"We have to go." I tell them and take Emma's hand on my own. "But, we have to meet for a playdate this weekend. If that is okay with you William."

"Of course, you can all come to our house. Give me your numbers so we can text for the details." He says and then we exchange numbers.