thirty three

Harry

Planning a birthday party when you don't like birthdays are difficult but it looks like a piece of cake when you are planning a child's birthday party. I wanted to plan it myself so I could overdo it without Iris complaining about spending too much money on something that our daughter won't even remember in five years. But Emma is turning five this year so we have to be too much, right?

Tonya has been the biggest help. She helped me to organise everything, even the tiniest detail. We thought that we are going to have two parties because Emma deserves it. One that is going to happen on my birthday and the other on hers. On my birthday there are going to be only our closest friends and family. My mother and sister, as well as Iris's mother, are travelling to be here for those parties. On Emma's actual birthday, we decided to invite all of her school friends and classmates so she can celebrate with people her age.

The most challenging thing was to choose the themes of the parties. We couldn't decide what to do. On our common party, we are going to dress up as princes and princesses. I had come to that conclusion because i want to spoil Emma with a beautiful dress and I don't want another child to feel underdressed when they see her. I want them to feel all comfortable. So Tonya and I decided to have just a regular party on her birthday and just hire a make up artist to paint on those kids faces. It is going to be so fun.

I have gone to dozens of little kids parties. I have a couple of godchildren myself and a lot of my friends' children call me Uncle Harry. But i never had a kid, my own kid, so i can be excited and organise everything myself. It's a huge thing for me and i explained it to Iris before asking her to let me do my thing. She is so understanding, she said that I could do whatever I want but I didn't have to spend money around on stupid things. I don't think that the chocolate fountain I ordered is a stupid thing, though. 

Today is the last day of January and that also means that it is the last day of being 28. I'm getting older and I think that I'm in love with my life. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that I want to change but I've learned how to appreciate the little things.

Life has been on my side recently. I have a job that I love and I'm fucking good at it. I have a girl on my side that I love and treats me with respect. I have a daughter that I adore and she gives me hugs every time she suspects that there is something wrong. I have a dog, a house and everything that every other person would ask. I had them before I had Iris and Emma, and they didn't mean a thing to me. Now I'm glad that i am able to give them the life that they deserve.

It's so weird to think about how my life was when I was at the age Emma is now and how it is now. I was a fatherless kid, I had a single mother that was working so much to give us the best future possible and I had to work every weekend to be able to help her. But then everything changed. I became rich and I can help my family without even going broke. Emma and I are much more alike than I thought when i first met her. Iris is doing such a great job with her. I know that it isn't easy to have a child on your own but Iris and my mother made it seem like a piece of cake. That's why women deserve more credit.

Iris is working so much at the moment. The projects are a little behind at Pleasing and all of my partners are trying to meet the deadlines they've set. I wish I could do a better job and help them somehow but I don't know how all of these work. I don't have the right background and I would only made them feel more anxious than they already are.

I'm taking a much needed break at the moment before I head to tour in Australia and then Asia. I don't know how I'm going to get used to being away from my girls for that long. Spring break isn't even around the corner and Iris doesn't want Emma to not attend school or her other activities. We both want our daughter to have a normal life and now i can't offer her that. I will be away from her, away from home, touring and I think that I might call them every night crying.