nine

Happy holidays everyone <3 

Maybe the best chapter so far

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts <3

Iris

Yesterday night was perfect. I left Harry's house a little after midnight. He offered me to stay but I couldn't. I don't feel ready to leave my girl alone for the night. I don't know why i don't, honestly. My mother is there for whatever Emma needs and she doesn't need me that much at night anymore. Harry understands that. Our relationship goes so slow, he gives me time and space and never does anything that I don't want to. He's so content with the fact that I have a daughter and I put her first. Every day he reminds me of how good of a mother I am and I'm so thankful that the person I am with is that supportive. 

Today is Emma's birthday. My mother and I woke up a little earlier than usual to make pancakes for breakfast. We will treat my birthday girl, she deserves it. Even Tonya and Florence came by to be the first people to wish her Happy Birthday. 

Emma woke up this morning so excited and happy. She saw all of her favorite people together in her bedroom, singing for her and holding pancakes with the number 4 on them. We all ate together and then everyone went on with their day. 

I had bought cupcakes for Emma's classmates yesterday because she won't have her birthday party today. Saturday afternoon everyone of them will be at Emma's favorite ice cream shop and they will celebrate her. I decided to celebrate her birthday a few days later just because tomorrow is a school day and I don't want to ruin every kids fun by saying that it's past their bedtime. 

I drop Emma at school and I give her teacher the cupcakes. Then I go to work. I enter the building and I see that everyone is in a hurry. What is happening today?

"What is happening?" I stop a girl, who is passing by.

"The boss is going to come today to make sure that everything is in order." 

"Who? Harry?" 

"Yes, nothing is ready yet and he called last minute."

"Okay, thank you." I tell her and she starts running to the other direction. All of them are stressed because Harry is coming to the office. It's not the first time, why are they stressed? 

"Good morning Molly, why is everyone acting like Harry is coming here for the first time?" 

"Good morning Iris. Happy birthday for your sweet girl. I am looking forward to hug her on Saturday." 

"Thank you Molls. Now tell me why they are afraid of Harry." She laughs. 

"They are somehow afraid of him. He is a little intimidating when he looks at you while presenting your idea."

"Yes, I can tell. But he's not scary. That one is Jeff." 

"I bet they are all afraid of Jeff. He fired an assistant the other time." Molly tells me and I watch her with opened eyes.

"So should I be afraid?"

"As long as H likes you, no. Jeff likes you as well. Something changed." She admits and I can feel my heart start beating faster like it wants to come out of my chest.  

"What do you mean?" I ask her like i don't know what changed in him. I know exactly what it is but I don't want to admit it. 

"He was very strict at the beginning but now he is laughing at your jokes, like he doesn't want Harry to fire him." We laugh but we stop when we hear the sudden silence from outside the office. Harry and Jeff are here. Lambert couldn't make it for today's meeting as Molly informs me.