twenty six

Iris

"Where were you yesterday, Iris?"  It's the first question Harry asks me and I look at him through my phone. 

"I told you, I went for dinner with Chris, Patrick and William. Why do you ask me again?" I am getting tired of this conversation and it hasn't even started yet. 

Yesterday evening Patrick and Chris wanted us to have a gathering all together without the kids. Patrick's mother, Teresa, was in town and she was more than willing to take care of the three little monsters while we, the parents, have a dinner somewhere nice. They asked me first and then they called William too, and of course the both of us agreed. They told us to invite our partners too because as Chris said he was excited to see Harry again. But Harry is away touring, and more specifically he is away in New York because he is near the end of his residency there. William's girlfriend, Melissa, couldn't come either because she had the flu. So we went for dinner the four of us. Harry, of course knew it. 

But, paparazzi was there and photos of me wearing William's jacket was everywhere in the internet. Jeff is on talks all day with Harry's pr team and he tries to minimize the photos that exist online. The world doesn't know that I have a kid, somehow we have kept Emma a secret, despite how famous Harry is and how everyone is trying to pry on his business everyday. Yesterday night a fan saw us all together and of course she shared a couple of photos online. Today every person, who is considering themselves a fan of Harry, has seen them. And of course, Harry has seen them and he is starting to believe every rumor possible. 

There are a lot of rumors, let me tell you some of them. One site said that we have broken up and I have already moved on, another said that I have been cheating on Harry for a while now and another one said that I was just one of Harry's little games and he got bored of me and throw me away. Harry believes the second one. 

"Where were them during the photos?" He asks me, while raising his voice a little. He is going back and forth through his apartment, his phone is being placed on his desk and he is pacing. 

"They were there. Why do you believe the stupid sites?" 

"Because you were wearing his jacket, Iris." He tells me while sitting on his chair. 

He runs a hand through his hair and he looks frustrated. He looks at the camera and I swear that his mind is running wild. 

"Yes, because I was cold and he offered because he was the only one having a jacket. You know that I would never do that to you." 

"I know." He sighs once again. 

I am getting angrier than I thought I would be. I'm glad that Emma isn't home right now because the tone in both of our voices would make her so sad.

"Then why do you have that reaction?" I ask him, losing my patience a little more.

"Because I am not there, and I'm insecure and I love you so much and it hurts like hell not being there with you and Emma. I want to be there and be able to go out with you and your friends. I want to be the one to give you my jacket when you get cold. I want to hold you close to me all night long. And I'm so jealous, Iris."

I look at him and I see that his cheek is a little flashed because of the words he had just said.

"Harry, you will see us darling in a few days. And then you can start counting the days that you will be home. There is no reason to be jealous."

"I know, but I am and I'm overthinking. I'm so tired of that."

His mental health isn't at its best the last couple of days. He calls me in every chance possible and he always wants to hear Emma's voice before he falls asleep. He really isn't good alone and Emma and I would visit him sooner than he expects.