thirty two

Iris

"Harry, slow down, we aren't going to be late." I say as he is running around with Emma on his arms.

It's the first day back to school and he is on full dad mode. He is stressing more than Emma and he is so excited to go with her to school. It's the first time that she is going to hold his hand and tell him the goodbye daddy while she kisses his cheek. He hasn't stopped talking about it ever since he thought about it.

"We are because you are slow. Emma, tell mumma that she is slow." He tells and Emma laughs.

"Daddy, you are running a lot. You are making me dizzy." She says, on the other hand. Harry stops and sighs. 

"I'm ready, we can go now. You are coming to the office today, right?" 

He looks at me and nods. "Yes, we have to discuss about the new collection, and then I have a fitting for the Grammy's. You are going with me, by the way." 

Harry is nominated for six awards at this year's ceremony. When we learned about them, I assured him that he is going to win at least two of them. He doesn't believe that because he is saying that there are better records in his categories. He doesn't give himself a little credit and I feel sad when I hear him talk about himself like that and say that he doesn't deserve any of things he worked so hard for. "Why do I need to come?" 

"Because you are my date and we have to much, honey. We are late now, come on." He says and he opens the door. 

We are in front of Emma's school in no time. He helps her get out of the car and takes her hand so we can walk towards her class. People are looking at us a little weird but they don't say a thing. This school is really famous and a lot of its students are famous people's kids.

"Oh, hello Emma. You are here with your mom and best friend. Did you have a great time?" Hee teacher, Daniel, asks her. He is a great guy, a few years younger than me and he is an absolute icon. He tries so hard to respect every child in this room and my daughter is so excited every time, she comes back home after a day at school.

"I'm fine Mr Martinez. I went to my other house in London with mummy and daddy. It's so far away, we took a plane to get there." Emma answers giving the information about how she calls Harry subtly.

Daniel smiles and looks up at Harry. At one of the parent-teacher conferences, he said to me that my daughter speaks a lot about someone named Harry. I had to confirm that Harry is, in fact, a real person and not just Emma's imaginary friend. "That's so great miss Emma. Go inside, I bet Millie has missed you."

Emma gives a quick kiss to both Harry and I and she runs to her best friend. They still are so close and it amazes me how much these two girls communicate. I hope that they will stay exactly like that as the years go by.

"I bet Christmas was a happy time at your household. I have to remind you the annual parents children dinner at the end of this month." Daniel says.

"I have it on my calendar." Harry answers. "Have a great rest of the day."

We leave holding hands. Today we don't have to worry about being here on time to get Emma. Chris, Millie's dad, called me yesterday and asked me if he could pick Emma up with Millie. He wants to spend some time with his little friends, as he says. Emma was telling me everyday how much she missed Millie and Ethan and how much she wanted to see them soon so she would tell them that she had a daddy now.

Seeing Emma missing her friends made me think about the future. I want to have a future woth Harry, I want more children and a happy house. We talked briefly about moving back to England but I think that Emma is going to hate me for forcing her to do that. As much as she likes London and its serenity, I know that she loves our life here. She has friends, a house and people that she cares. I have to talk to Harry about that.