forty

8 weeks pregnant

Iris

"Good morning, fiancée." I listen Harry's voice and I open my eyes. He is awake a few minutes now and he is playing with my hair ever since. We are still in bed and we don't want to get up and go on with our days. We both cleared our schedule yesterday night so we will be together all day today. 

"Good morning, fiancé." I reply and his smile becomes wider. Yesterday night, he was saying again and again how much he liked the sound of this word and how much he wanted me to call him that. He said that he likes it because it is something that only we know for now. It's just ours. In a few days, he is sure that everyone will know about it. They will see the ring and they will know about the next step of our relationship. 

We go straight to the kitchen and we eat breakfast. All you could smell in the air was honey. You could see the happiness in our faces and I'm sure they will know because it is obvious. It is clear that something has changed between us. And that something only made us feel the sense of joy. 

"Do you think we should call our mothers?" He asks me and I nod, a cup of tea on my hand. We sit on the couch and he opens his MacBook and he calls our mothers on our group chat. My mum and Gemma answer immediately and we just wait for Anne before we tell them the big news. Tonya and Florence are out with Emma and we will tell them when we see them again, in just a few hours. 

"Hello, loves." Anne says when she sees us all waiting. "What is happening?" She asks immediately. 

"They want to tell us something important. I bet that they are moving to London sooner than expected." My mother says trying to find the explanation of our call. 

"No, I think that they are pregnant." Gemma disagrees and it took all of the power I had inside of me to not look at Harry, who doesn't even flinch. He is a better actor than I give him credit to be. 

"Harry is too sappy. When that time comes, I bet that he will tell us in the most unexpected way. I know my son and he is sappy." Anne says and we all laugh while Harry says a Heyyyy, but I know that he agrees with his mother. 

The other day he was trying to find the perfect plan for us to announce the pregnancy. We won't tell a single thing to the public, only to the people who are closer to us. We haven't decided the way to do it yet but I know Harry and I know that we will announce it the best way possible. 

"You are all wrong. Fiancée, do you want to tell them?" He says the sentence we decided to tell a few minutes ago. 

"Yes, fiancé." I say and I just show them my ring. All of them start to scream and they start to ask questions almost immediately. "One at a time, please." I raise my voice a bit. 

"When did that happen?" Gemma asks first. 

Harry explains to her everything that occurred last night, telling them every detail about how he proposed. They all expected something big, something unexpected, maybe a trip to Italy or a trip to Paris but Harry did something different. He chose a place I feel comfortable at, a moment that was too intimate and words that feel too personal to share even with my mother. 

They all congratulate us and then Anne asks the obvious question. "Does Emma know?" 

"No." I shake my head in disagreement. "She is with Tonya and Florence but I know when we tell her she is going to be excited that mummy and daddy are getting married."