epilogue (Iris' version)

20 years later 

Iris

Well, here we are. 20 years later at my first daughter's wedding. I've never thought that I'll stand here but I'm so happy. She found love and she is so happy about it. Marriage is a big commitment and when she announced that Achilles asked her to marry her, her eyes shined from all the happiness. That's when I knew that she made the right choice. 

But let's take it from the start, shall we?

Time has passed so quickly and I can say that H and I are together 22 years now. We are married the 20 of them and it's like met yesterday. We still learn so many things from each other and we are stronger than ever. Our relationship only got better after we tied the knot. 

We got oure second child months after our marriage. We did it a little unorthodox, didn't we?

Amelia was born on November. Our little Scorpio girl. She was such an easy child from the moment she was born. Just like Emma. Of course, she threw tantrums but she never caused any trouble. She was always smiling, laughing and showing love. Just like her father, even though she was the exact copy of me. It's like I am seeing myself when I was twenty.

Then came Roman. Our boy. He was born on August, 15. He is still trouble from the moment he was born. As a child, he was yelling and bullying his sisters constantly. That hasn't changed a bit. He is still the same. I swear, after Roman's childhood we agreed to not have any more kids. Three were enough.

Roman is the exact copy of Harry. He is 16 now and he has the curly hair and green eyes. The only thing that is mine on him is his nose. Everything else is Harry. All of the people that see him know exactly who's son Roman is. The exact copy of Harry, I repeat!

But then as a surprise came Val, our little Valentine. Val was born on Christmas Eve and when we saw her we knew that she has to be named Love. But Emma, being a smart 15 year old that time, said that Valentine is the most suitable one. And we agreed.

Valentine is love. She is the copy of Emma. She is our little girl and all of us spoils her so much. But she stays humble. She has Emma's character, except from her face. Val is so romantic, a little daydreamer. She has blonde hair, and green eyes. The only thing that is different from Emma, who has blue eyes, like me.

All of my children are my happiness. I can't describe myself without saying their names.

Harry can agree with that, even though he doesn't call them with their actual names. Emma is his little honey, Amelia is dove, Roman is bambino and Val is sunshine. He tried to call them nicknames that are suitable for them. He really captured their whole personality with the given names. 

I have to say that all three of my daughters are in love with their father. They don't even hide it. Emma fell in love with him so naturally that it was obvious that it will happen again. He spoils them so much and they fall for it. The little traitors.. 

But my boy, my Roman, loves me. Harry is a little bitter about it but he doesn't say something because the other three love him. Roman is my best friend, my other half. He tells me everything, even now that he is 16 years old. We have an incredible bond, with all of my children honestly, and I'm very proud that we have created such a strong bond. We trust each other, we love each other and we talk freely about our problems. 

Harry's career is still going strong. He is going to tour again after 10 years this year and he is so anxious. He became a stay at home father when my career took off so Valentine would grow up with at least one parent waking her up for school everyday. He wrote for other people, he had two albums out but still no toured. Only a few specials, like SNL or the annual Harryween show, in a different place every time. It became a festival really, Harryween has now its own lineup and a lot of people attends every year. 

Harry is the best father to our children. He worked his ass off for them to have everything they ask but they are not spoiled nepo babies. They know the value of money and not spending it here and there, without thinking. And they know how to not use their last name to get everything. They try alone, because that's what Harry and I did. We did everything alone, ourselves, without anyone holding our hand and giving us everything on a silver platter. 

Well, Harry is a doting parent as well. He would die for his children, me too if I'm being honest. He is talking so highly for them, he cherishes them and they are his world. He kept his promise and now my necklace has 6 little charms, one for each one of us. Harry is pink, I am blue, Emma is purple, Amelia is emerald, Roman is red and Valentine is orange. It's my own personal rainbow. 

Let's talk about today, though. 

My first born is getting married. I can't believe that I am witnessing Emma's wedding, right now. She found her other half and decided to marry him and spend her life with him. She decided to share the love she's feeling with Achilles. He is such a great guy, my trustful partner and an older son to me. He is clever, trustworthy and loveable. Even Harry, who was really negative about Emma having a boyfriend at first, now loves him. He texts him more than he texts me or Emma. But Ach has something even more important, he loves my daughter how she wants to be loved, and that is enough for us. 

Harry is talking right now and it is nothing like the speech he had practiced a million times. The paper he is holding says a different story and it is now wet from tears. He promised himself that he wouldn't cry. It was a promise we knew he would break. He is a hopeless romantic, after all. 

The other guests applaud when he ends his speech and Emma walks towards him. They share a hug and I remember the first time they hugged, 22 years ago. Emma loved him as soon as she looked at him, like she knew that he is her father. Soon, she wanted to be held by him, she talked to him and she even trusted him before she got to know him. She knew that he was there to stay by her side forever. And I can see it now. They hugged like the first time. Her head is on his shoulder and he is saying sweet words to stop her for crying even more. But now, he is crying too and she is caressing his back softly. 

I feel three pairs of hands hug me and I turn to see my other kids surrounding me. "We came because we know that you feel alone." Roman says and I laugh, trying to hug them even tighter that they did. 

"Oh, my sweet babies." 

"Okay, I have to go. I promised to sing." Amelia says and I nod, breaking the hug. She is the only singer on this family. Roman only got the looks from his father, but he is a great actor, so it's a win-win. 

Soon Harry is by my side, hugging me from behind, placing his head on my shoulder. We stand like that, watching our daughter dancing with the love of her life to a song written and performed by her dad. 

And with a view like this I can say that my story is indeed Pleasing! 

...

WELL THIS IS THE END.. 

I wish it would be longer but I felt like it wouldn't be this cute if it was. So, 

THANK YOU, every single one of you that read this story. It was so exciting to write this story and then seeing your reactions to it. I will be thinking about how Iris and Harry are and how their story continued. I loved writing their story so much. 

Thank you again, for everything.

If you want to read something else written by me, I have a new story called Right Where You Left Me.

Don't forget that you are not alone and to treat everything with kindness, the world needs it soooooo much! 

Byeeeee