eleven

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you are well and loved. 

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts. 

Iris

Harry is back. He finally came back and I'm so excited to see him tonight. Emma will have a sleepover at Millie's so he will come to our house for the first time. I'm anxious about it, I haven't had anyone here except my sisters, Millie and her family. I didn't have friends here, I worked too much and I didn't have the time to get to know people, especially when Emma was younger. Now that she has a few extracurricular activities I have some time for myself. 

Emma and Millie are members of a dance group a few weeks now. They have told us that they want to go there because their friend Louisa goes and we couldn't say no. So, now they have practice 2 times and they are happier than ever. Emma told me that they even learned a choreography to Harry's Golden and she is so excited to show him. She didn't tell anybody that she knows him because, as she said, she is afraid of taking him away from her. I don't know where this fear of abandonment came from but I know that I have to talk to Tonya about it. I need advice. 

"Emma, darling. Don't hesitate to call me if you want something." I tell my daughter as we walk towards Millie's house. Patrick opens the door and let us in. He hugs Emma first and tells her that Millie's waiting for her on her room and then he hugs me. 

"Hello, Iris. Long time no see. Mister popstar took you away from us." I laugh as he says that. 

"You saw me two days ago at school, Patrick. How are you?" I ask my friend. 

"I'm fine. Work is getting on my nerves. It's the first night I get to spend home finally." He sighs. He is a doctor at the hospital so he gets to work a lot of extra hours. He loves it so much though and I've never heard him complain about it.  

"You should have told me. I wouldn't let Emma agree to that sleepover."  

"Iris, you know that I love Em girl so match. And I need something to keep Chris busy while I cook. So two kids is better than one."

"I've heard that, you idiot." Chris shouts and then I see him come to the kitchen where Patrick and I are sitting. "Hi my beautiful friend. How are you going to spend the night?" He tells me after the usual hug and a kiss on the cheek. Chris and I are like siblings. I think we are platonic soulmates. We understand each other so well and we think the same things all the time. 

"Harry is going to come to my house tonight." They both know about our relationship. They haven't told a soul, not even William. And I know how match Chris wants to tell him. 

"Oh, so you have a date. What are you going to wear?" 

"Pajamas." I tell them and we all laugh. "We keep it really simple. It's going to be just a date in the house. His dog is going to be there too." 

"Harry has a dog?" Chris shouts and I tell him not to because Emma doesn't know that yet. 

"He does. His name is Oliver. I think that I will tell Emma about him soon. Imagine how happy she is going to be when she meets him."  

They both nod. "Maybe we should adopt a dog too." Patrick says to Chris and I know that he will eventually convince him to say yes. 

"I've got to go. I don't want to let my boy wait for me. Emma, come say goodnight to mumma." I say a little louder so my daughter will hear me. I hear immediately four sets of steps running down the stairs and Chris shouting to be careful. I'm so glad that I don't have a staircase in my house because we would have so many accidents. Both Emma and I are so clumsy.