seventeen

I see you all adding Pleasing to your reading lists. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
But you don't vote and it makes me think that you hate it:(

Harry

"Harry, darling, you need to wake up." I can hear Iris say to me but I pretend to be asleep.

"Ten more minutes." I tell her but the door opens and i hear a set of little feet coming inside. I open my eyes and I watch Iris helping Emma to sit on the bed.

"Goodmorning mumma." Emma is kissing her mum's cheek. "Goodmorning Harry." She's kissing mine.

"Goodmorning." Iris and I say at the same time and Emma giggles.

"How did you sleep?" Iris asks her as Emma tries to get under the covers.

"I slept good. Oliver is a good friend and took all the monsters away."

I really love how a child's brain works. I wish they could stay this innocent. "Wow, that's really brave of him. What do you want for breakfast?" Iris asks her again but Emma is too distracted to reply.

She is looking at me and specifically my arms. I try to think what she is thinking but I can't. She looks at my naked chest too and I watch her face changing expressions as she explores my tattoos.

"You have so many drawings on you body." She eventually says and I laugh a little at how she tried to explain my tattoos.

"They are called tattoos, little honey. I have so many of them, yes." I show her my arm and she touches me softly, afraid that she is going to hurt me with her touch, She is making my eyes follow her fingers. Iris is watching us closely as well.

"They are so cool. Can I color them?" She asks me politely.

I nod before I reply. "Yes, but now we have to eat breakfast and go to school. Do you want to go?"

Iris told me that things haven't changed. The kids continue to make fun of her and the bitch of a principal doesn't care at all. Iris asks Emma all the time if she wants to go to school and even though she says Yes she isn't as excited as she was. The next year Emma will change school and I told Iris that I'm willing to help her find the most fitting for her daughter.

"Yes. I have rehearsals for the play with miss Lauren." She informs us bit she doesn't sound excited at all.

I can see how hurt Iris is and I don't know how she manages to stay calm when it comes to school meetings. If I was there, I would be fighting with the she-devil.

"When is the play, little honey?" I ask her. I want to be here so I will be able to watch my little best friend shine.

"May the 13th."

I nod but before I can talk I watch Iris standing up. "Let's go to the kitchen. You have to eat before you go." She starts to walk out of the bedroom. Emma is following her and I just sit up from the bed.

Emma stops walking and looks first at Iris and then to the mirror. "Mumma, the sayings." She tells Iris and I don't understand what she is talking about.

"Oh, I forgot. Thank you for reminding me." Iris takes Emma into her arms and walk towards the mirror. "Harry, come here." She demands and I walk by their side.

Emma stands in the chair Iris has in front of her vanity table. Iris stands behind her and I stand right next to Iris. I, now, understand that we are going to say some affirmations.

"Come on Emma, tell us the first one." Iris challenges her daughter.

Emma speaks with no hesitation. "I am beautiful."