twenty nine

Harry

We are leaving America and Emma is so happy for that. She has missed how our life was in England and I can say that I've missed it too. We are going to spend the Christmas day in our house there and our families will come to dinner at ours. It's our first Christmas together as a family and I'm so excited. I overdid it with the presents I bought for Emma but nobody can blame me. I didn't have the chance to do it last year and now that I can do it I will.

"Harry, are we there yet?" Emma asks me and I look at her. She is sitting between Iris and I. Iris is sleeping peacefully and Emma is talking to me whispering, not wanting to wake up her mum.

"In a few hours. Do you want to sleep a little too?" I ask her.

She looks at me and shakes her head. "I can't, I want you to hug me."

"Oh, come here, little honey. We can sleep together if you want to." I tell her. She moves to my lap and places her head on my chest.

"I love you so much, Harry."

"I love you too, Emma. Go to sleep a little, little honey. I will be here when you wake up." She nods and I continue to stroke her hair so she can sleep easier.

I can't remember when I fell asleep. Emma and I slept throughout the rest of our flight. Iris is the one to wake me up and I try to do the same to Emma. "Emma, darling, you have to wake up. We will see Oliver in a little bit."

"Oliver? I missed my dog." She tells me and rubs her eyes to be fully awake. Iris and I laugh at how much she loves Oliver. Oliver is as much her dog as he is mine. She is like my daughter after all.

"Are you excited to see Oliver, darling?" Iris asks her and she nods.

"I missed him, I missed grannie Sophie and Annie too. When are they going to come home?" She asks us as I carry her outside our private plane.

"In two days, little darling. They are going to stay with us for Christmas." I inform her and her smile gets bigger. I walk down the stairs slowly and when I get off the last step I look behind me and I give my hand to Iris, because I feel like we have forgotten about her. I don't want my girl to feel ignored.

"With us? We are going to our house?" She asks and I nod. I like how she sees my houses as her home. The both of them make them feel like home. Before them they were just houses, just a cold space. Now the space is colorful, full of life. My house is finally a home and I want to spend as much time as I can there, with the two of them.

"Yes, are you excited?" Iris asks and she nods again.

"I am. But mumma does Santa knows that we are here?" Emma asks and I smile.

I answer her question. "Of course he does, little honey. He knows everything."

"How?" She's just like her mumma, she doesn't believe anything.

"I wrote him a letter."

"Thank you, Harry. Can we go to Oliver now?" She asks and I nod. She's going to forget about us as soon as she sees Oliver again.

Oliver was living with my mother this past few months. We didn't want to confuse him too much, especially now that we are going to stay in London for longer than 2 weeks. He had so much fun here, more fun than he would have in the empty house. He would spend much time along and I don't want that for him.

Gemma took Oliver from our mother's house yesterday. She said that she will be home as soon as we are so she can leave him finally with his own family. I'm sure that my dog will be fatter than he was and happier than ever to see us. I think about him often because I think that he has forgotten about me. I wish I could have him with me but it isn't always so easy to travel around the world with a dog.