sixteen

Iris

Today is the day that Emma will learn about Harry and I. And also, it's the first time that Harry is going to sleep at my house, while Emma is here. I don't know how she will react seeing him here all day today and tomorrow morning. I want her to be happy that she will see him here today. 

Today, we are going to have dinner with Tonya and Florence. Tonya got a little mad when she learned that Flo met Harry first. She is the last one from all of my friends that will meet him and I feel a little guilty about that. I wanted her to be the first one but life had other plans. 

I try to imagine her reaction. Her directioner phase never left her and I can imagine the thoughts that will be on her mind. Maybe she will be the last one to meet him but she was the first one to learn about him, to learn about us. She will host dinner at her house and she is really excited about it. She is cooking from the morning and I know that Florence needs a break but she can't say a word at her. 

"Honey," I tell to my daughter, "do you know who is going to stay here tonight?" I ask her as she plays with her dolls. 

"Grannie?" She asks me. "No, that was silly, Millie." She tells me finally and I laugh at how wrong she is. 

"No, Harry, Do you want him to stay with us tonight?" 

"My best friend?" Her eyer are opened wide. "Is Oliver going to be here too?" 

"Yes, darling. Do you want them to be here?" 

"I want them. I love them both. They are my best friends. We are going to call auntie Tonya too, she loves Harry." She tells me her plans. 

"We are going to go eat with auntie Tonya and auntie Florence. Are you excited?" She nods and then turns her whole attention to her dolls.

I decide of what to wear. I want to be comfortable but classy because I know that Tonya will kick my ass if I decide to wear my pajamas on dinner. She is very excited to have Harry at her humble home, as she says. My white shirt and trousers are always a good choice so I go with it.

 My white shirt and trousers are always a good choice so I go with it

"Mumma, you look beautiful."

"Thank you, Emma. You look amazing as well." She wears the sweater Harry hot her for Christmas, a few months ago. Her pink leggings are on too and she looks so cute.

"Thank you, mumma."

Our bell rings and I watch her run to be the first one to open the door. I'm right behind her but I'm not afraid of who is on the other side of the door. Harry texted me a while ago that he was about to start so I know that my man is on the other side.

Emma opens the door and she is met with a happy Harry and an even happier Oliver. "Harry, Oliver, my best friends. I've missed you." She gives Oliver a hug and then Harry is taking her on his arms.

"We've missed you too, my little darling. Oliver is so excited to sleep today with you."

"I'm excited too. Come on in, I want to show Oliver my room."