forty seven

Harry

Father of two. That's my new identity. And I still cannot believe it. Two little girls, my daughters, my favorite people in the world along with my wife. The three most important people in my life. I can't believe that I have a family, one that makes me feel seen and happy and free. I have a family that I can protect and cherish every day. I'm feeling delighted.

Iris is the best mum ever. Seeing her with our new born makes me fall in love all over again. She's a natural. She was born for this. My wife is a smart woman, a even better mum and she a lovable person in general. If i had to answer all of my husband's answers I would be angry all the time.

The baby is so calm. She is everything I could ask for. She smiles all the time and she looks at us with eyes wide open. We all show her love, we talk to her and I have even started reading her some fairytales. She loves my voice, she's falling asleep or calm down from a tantrum every time I talk to her. There is no doubt I'm her favourite.

Emma loves her the most. She isn't t jealous of her sister, even if our attention has divided. She understands everything and guess what.. I'm her favourite too.

Iris is mad about this. Not being the favourite of your children, the children you have given birth to, must be hard. But not for me, sistah. I'm the favourite parent and that makes my heart full.

I have decided to take a break from music for a little while. It pains me but I don't want to miss a thing. I want to be close to my family. Ever since I became a dad, I have been so worried about my children. I can't imagine being far away, on another continent, if something bad happened.

"What are you thinking about?" Iris asks as she crawls to be near me in the bed. It's one of the few times that we are alone in bed and we don't have a child sleeping near us. My mother coming to stay has something to do with this.

"Nothing special. Just life."

"Isn't it amazing? How life is right now?" She asks me and kisses the place where my heart is.

"It is, honey. I'd have never believed that I would be feeling so full ever. Our children are the reason of my happiness. You too, of course."

"Harry, darling, you are going to make me want another child." She says and she kisses my chest one more time.

I giggle and I look at her. " Darling, we just had another child."

"I know." She sighs and I look at her.

"You said that two kids are enough. Now you want a third, don't you?" I laugh thinking looking at my wife pouting.

"I do. I want all of your kids."

"I want to give you all of my kids too, darling. " I kiss her lips. When i try to move on to her neck our door open up wide and our eldest daughter walks inside the room.

"Mumma, daddy, i had a nightmare. Can I stay here?" Emma's eyes are full of tears and I help her sit on my lap, while kissing her temple, in an attempt to make her feel better.

"Oh, little honey. It was just a dream. We are here now, to save you and Am from all the bad things." Iris says and our daughter nods. She places her head on my chest again, against our daughter's.

We stay like that for a few more minutes and Emma falls back to sleep. Iris is drawing stars in her stomach and I caress her hair.

"We should have a date night. I want to take you out one more time before 2024." I say.

It's 27 of December today. Almost 2 months from the birth of our baby girl. And I want some alone time with my wife now that my mother is here. Sophia is coming tomorrow as well as Tonya and Florence, so we can spend the New year's together.

Christmas was a delight. It was Amelia's first Christmas and our family was here to celebrate it. It was the best Christmas of my life. But I feel like I say this for the last couple of years. As the years go by, it is getting better and better.

I want to have a dinner with just my wife because the present I bought her has just arrived. I bought it originally for Christmas but it didn't arrive on time so I got her some other things for that day.

Last night I was reading a James Joyce's book, the Dubliners. The last short story is named The Dead and it has one of the most accurate quotes I have ever read to describe my love for Iris. It says "In one letter that he had written to her then he had said: "Why is it that words like these seem to me so dull and cold? Is it because there is no word tender enough to be your name?""

I think that describes everything I'm feeling right now. I fell in love all over again with her. I loved her before but now my love grew more. I can't find meaningful words to describe everything I feel about her. She is just Iris. A woman, a mum, a wife, my everything.

She is full of love, happiness and joy. She is a successful CEO, a successful mum and my wife. She is the perfect person for me.

.

The day goes by really fast and here we are in the car. Iris is looking outside in the city and I look at the road. I have chosen a restaurant one of my friends recommended the other day.

Iris is wearing a black dress and her body looks devine. She is a little insecure about it, given the fact that she gave birth decently but I try to show her love, to show her that progress takes time. I worship her as much as I can.

We arrive at the restaurant and I open my door first. I rush to her, and I open it giving her my hand. She giggles but she takes it anyway.

"It's like our first date." Iris expresses her thoughts and I nod.

"I wanted it to be. It's been a long time we had a few time for ourselves." I answer.

"I know. It's the first time we leave Amelia and Emma too. It's a bit of a shock."

"I know, for me too." I reply honestly.

She holds my hand tight. "I'm not afraid or stressed though. I trust Anne."

I smile. I always wanted my wife to have a good relationship with my mother. And now my mum loves my wife more than she loves me.

I give my name to the man in the entrance of the restaurant and a waiter guides us to our table. The table that they've chosen for us is perfect. It is in the back, away from the crowd, and by a big piano. The most romantic place of them all.

The time flies by and after we finish eating, I clear my throat. "Iris, I got you something."

"We agreed no more presents." She stops me and she takes her motherly look.

"No, no, let me finish. I originally planned to give you that on Christmas but it didn't arrive. So I want to give you my original present tonight." I say and I take the little box from my blazer. "It's small but it has a meaning."

I give her the box and I look at her. She's trying to read my facial expression to understand what the present is.

She opens it carefully and takes out a little emerald charm. "Oh my god, Harry. I was about to tell you that we needed to buy another charm for my necklace."

I bought her that necklace last Christmas. It had three charms on it, a blue for her, a purple for Emma and a pink for me. And now we are going to add another one, an emerald green one for our Amelia.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She says and stands up from her seat so she can hug me. I stand up too and she tries to give me a kiss one the cheek but I'm quick to turn and kiss her lips. She chuckles but kisses me anyway.

"I told you that I was going to give you one when we had a child. I hope that the necklace get full one day."

"Calm down, Harry. I'm 30. I don't have enough time to get the necklace full." She jokes.

"Oh darling, we have so much time. I think we should get started."

.

FIRST EPILOGUE TONIGHT
LOVE YOUUUUU

Pleasing (H.S)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara