forty four

I said that I was going to update earlier but I didn't. I'm sorry. 

28 weeks pregnant 

Iris 

If they had told me a few years ago that I would be walking down the aisle while pregnant, I would have laughed. I would have laughed as well if they told me that I would organize an entire wedding in less that 2 months. 

But here I am getting ready for my wedding. My bump isn't that big but it is noticeable. Everybody that is invited will know that Harry and I are expecting our second child. But we don't care. We have kept it a secret long enough and we are ready to share it with the world. I'm 7 months pregnant so I am ready to tell that to everyone. 

Due to these past months, Harry has been by my side all the time. He cares about me, about Emma, about the house, about everything. I don't know how to react because in my previous pregnancy I was alone and I had no one besides my mother and my sister. Now I have Harry, and that is enough. He brings me comfort because Harry is my home. 

I am so excited about today. We decided to do a small wedding, not many people are invited and in a small venue. Neither of us wanted to have this big celebrity weddings, we wanted to do it our way. Our closest people only so not many details will be spread around. I never dreamt of a big wedding and even though I think that Harry did, now he doesn't want it. He wants to keep our marriage for himself. And I will help him do that. 

The list of the people that are invited consists of our families, Harry's band, the pleasing crew, Lambert, Jeff and his wife, Brad, Harry's ex bandmates and our closest friends. We decided to get married in a venue in Harry's hometown. So that way people won't find us that easy and we will have the day for ourselves. Jeff went to the venue by himself and he made everyone sign an NDA so there won't be any leaked information about our special day. 

Harry Lambert, Tonya and Gemma helped the most. They were in charge of almost everything due to the fact that I can't move around too much. Being 7 months pregnant and having too much anxiety on you isn't good and everyone tries to ease my nerves as much as possible. They helped with everything. My mother and Anne as well, they helped with the catering, the decoration and the invitations to be sent in time. Without our family and friends we would be lost. 

My wedding dress is like the one I had dreamt of when I was a little kid. But I've never expected to be pregnant. This is a happy surprise to be exact. My bump is the best thing in the world, and Harry is in love with it too. He is going to be crazy when she arrives. It's the first time that he's going to deal with a baby but I'm sure that he will be the perfect dad for our two girls. 

"Iris, are you ready?" My mother asks me and I look myself once again in the mirror. My wedding dress is perfect for me. Simple yet romantic, a mix that describes me. 

"I am." I answer to her question and the door opens again. My daughter enters the room and Tonya is behind her, following her. 

"Wow, mumma. You are so beautiful." She tells me and hugs my legs. I crunch down carefully and I hug her too, giving her a kiss on her cheek. "Thank you, little honey, you are the most beautiful flower girl ever." I never expected that my daughter will be my flower girl, but as I said that wedding is much different from the one that I have imagined. 

"Okay, we have to leave so he won't wait." Tonya says and we all begin to exit the room. The only ones that have been waiting for us in the little leaving room are Harry Lambert, Florence and Gemma. Florence and Gemma are my bridesmaids and Tonya is the maid of honor. Harry Lambert is here both as my stylist and my emotional support. Harry and I have an amazing bond and I'm glad that he is the first friend I made through my work. If Molly and Harry didn't manifest this day from the moment they met me, I don't think that it would ever happen. They are like our little fairy godmothers. And of course, I can't forget Lloyd, who is here both as a guest and as a photographer. Anthony is with Harry and I'm sure that the result will be excellent. I love their work.