Chapter 17

~*~Atticus's POV~*~

*The end of this chapter has a scene that may not be suitable for everyone. If you had to skip over the chapter of Joey in the warehouse with Fredrick, please stop reading when you see my next warning. Short scene with SA.*

Both of my boys were having a good morning. Joey, who was finished his breakfast, was sitting on the couch reading out loud to Acre, who was laying with his head on Joey's lap and eating his full plate of bacon. They both slept well and there weren't any nightmares last night which meant I also got a good sleep. The morning was going amazing, until we had a surprise visitor.

"Atticus! Visitor!" Mama shouted from upstairs, confusing me and making all three of us exchange glances. I shrugged and got up from my chair, kissing my happy boys before heading up. Mom was standing at the top of the stairs with a slightly angry look as Mama rounded the corner with the same expression.

"What's going on?" I asked, looking around the corner and freezing. "Mama?"

"She wants to see Acre. I tried explaining that he's not having visitors but I don't think it's being completely understood."

I huffed and rolled my eyes as I walked to the front door, Natalie standing there with an annoyed face.

"Can I help you?" I asked, crossing my arms as I stood in front of the bitch.

"I'd like to see my fiancé. I was told he was here."

"First of all, that's confidential and you're going to tell me who told you that. Second, he's not taking visitors at the moment and you're free to leave."

"It was his dad who told me and he said I'm allowed to see him." She argued, the annoying bitch not giving up.

"Well you're not. Go home, Natalie."

"I'm his fiancé, we're going to be in love. You can't just tell me I can't go see him." She practically whined.

"Can, have, and will continue to do so." This chick was pissing me off. If she didn't leave we were going to have a major issue.

"You work for Acre and I'm going to be his wife, which means you work for me. Now move."

"No."

"Atticus?" I cursed under my breath when I heard his voice. Acre came into the room, gripping the back of my shirt before letting go and facing the bitch. "Why are you here?"

"I came to see you, Baby, I wanted to see how you were doing. They said you're on some weird pills."

"It doesn't concern you."

"Yes it does, we're getting married."

"Go home, Natalie."

"Only if you come with me."

"No."

"Acre!"

"I don't want you here! What are you not getting?" He glared, stepping closer until I pulled him back by his shoulder.

"Yes you do, Baby. I'm here to bring you home and take care of you."