Chapter 30

~*~Acre's POV~*~

"Acre, come on, Baby, we need to go." Mom sighed from the door. It wasn't even my door. We were still at this stupid house because ours was being cleaned and fixed. I hated this. It wasn't my bed and I could feel it even in my sleep.

"We'll get him, Amelia, you go get ready to leave." I peeked out from under the covers to see Atticus kiss her head before she nodded and left. My fiancés came in after that, both crawling into bed with me and Joey leaving little kisses on my head and face.

"Acre, we need to go. Don't you want to say goodbye to your dad?" Joey asked, rubbing my back. He did that all night. He fit himself into my arms and didn't move all night as he rubbed my back whenever I woke up.

"He's gone..." I whispered, pulling them into me.

"We know, Baby. Can I help you get dressed and we can go to the funeral. Everyone's waiting to see you."

"They're going to hug me." I grumbled. I hated hugs from strangers. "They're going to pretend they knew him but they didn't. They didn't know anything about him besides the number he put on their paycheques."

"Come on, Handsome. You can vent in the limo." Atticus sighed before pulling me up against my will and making me sit. "Underwear first, let's go."

I stuck my legs into the holes before he made me stand up, letting me fix how they fit before he helped with my pants and shirts. Joey helped with my jacket and socks while Atticus let me choose my tie. I picked the one I thought Dad would want me to wear. It was a dark purple and looked nice with my black suit. He took me shopping the first time I had to buy a tie and it was a really good day. One of the best days I'd ever had with him. It felt like we were a normal father and son and not leader and heir. It was a perfect day and he picked this out because it was Mom's favourite colour and matched his tie he usually wore to match her. He might not have been Father or Husband Of The Year, but he loved us to the ends of the Earth.

"So handsome." Joey smiled after tying my shoes and pulling me up. He straightened my jacket before planting a kiss on my lips.

"Amelia's downstairs with Mik and I think Steve. Let's head down." Atticus took both of our hands but was stopped by Joey.

"I have something before we go," He stated, reaching under the bed and pulling out a box. "I got these when we went shopping. I thought they were perfect for us. I'd like us to wear them to go say goodbye to Harvey." He opened the box to show us three necklaces, puzzle pieced to look like a heart with little gems on them.

"They're beautiful, Joey." I whispered, looking closer as he smiled his gorgeous smile.

"The stones..." Atticus grinned, leaning in with me. "Did you pick the colours?"

"No, but they all match our eyes," He started. "Atticus gets the one with green, Acre gets blue, and I get the orange-y brown."

"It's perfect, Joey. You're so thoughtful." Atticus leaned down to kiss him before taking his necklace.

"I agree. You're the best thing that's ever happened to us, Baby." I kissed his lips as he handed me mine, grabbing his and letting me put it on for him. Atticus did mine and Joey did his, the thicker chains looking nice with the suits.

"Should we head down now?" Atticus asked, holding his hands out. We both nodded before following him down, meeting Mom at the bottom of the stairs with Mik and Demi on either side of her. It was a rule that my great-great-great grandfather made that at a funeral like this one, everyone that worked for them would wear all black with no colour whatsoever. Mik was in black pants, a black button up, and a black jacket, and Demi was wearing something similar but with a nicer jacket.